Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Adler BeVo

Article about: I picked this up for cheap.

?

Default Adler BeVo

I picked this up for cheap.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Adler BeVo   Adler BeVo  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Adler BeVo
    P
    Many

Default Re: Adler BeVo

looks like coastal artillery overseas cap insignia,,,,another fine catch

?

Quote by militarymania View Post
    looks like coastal artillery overseas cap insignia,,,,another fine catch
    Thanks again! and I also got these for a great deal. I bought two.
    ~Dean

Sorry guys this is a fake.

We only discussed these last week. The back is totally wrong: easy thing to remember are the "triangles" along the top edge of the wing, these should not be there.

Cheers, Ade.

This is one of those thought to be French made and is considered by many to be an original, in spite of having weave above the fold line and below the wing, if it is a KM eagle and has the stepped wing. The key feature is the step where the wing joins the body and the step is only seen on original eagles, according to my Bevo 'Guru'.

Thanks,

Jerry
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Adler BeVo  
    Last edited by Jerry B; 03-09-2011 at 09:17 AM.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

I have heard this story too and I remember these hitting the market in the early 1990's. Personally speaking, I am not convinced about these. but each person must make up his/her own mind about them.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    I have heard this story too and I remember these hitting the market in the early 1990's. Personally speaking, I am not convinced about these. but each person must make up his/her own mind about them.

Cheers, Ade.

Hi Ade,

I am passing on information as I have heard it from others and agree it is to each to make their own choice.

I have for a long time thought these incorrect weave eagles were always wrong, but I have been (mostly) convinced that, if they have the 'stepped' wing, a feature thought to only be seen on original eagles, that they are OK. This has been mentioned on this site previously and there was a debate on the WAF about this last year. The two people whose opinions on Bevo eagles that I respect the most, both agree that the stepped wing is only seen on original eagles.

Here are 3 Heer eagles with the stepped wing and 1 KM tropical. The Heer eagles have the correct weave on the reverse and the KM tropical has the 'incorrect' weave.

Again, I can only say, as I did in a recent post about these, that I would prefer to only buy those eagles with the correct weave and would probably not buy one of this type.

Jerry
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Adler BeVo   Adler BeVo  

Last edited by Jerry B; 03-09-2011 at 10:05 AM.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Thank you VonBond, for the added info. I bought this from a respected dealer as original and have another as well and i have compared to some others and my conclusion is I'm satisfied with the deal I got. I do however respect all feedback. One thing I've learned is you never stop learning. Keep it coming!
    ~Dean