Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Admin collar patch or Secret Field Police

Article about: This is part of the small grouping of the Herman Goring cuff title collar patch - Admin - and a couple of badges I just acquired directly from the family here on the Isle of Man. I always be

Default Admin collar patch or Secret Field Police

This is part of the small grouping of the Herman Goring cuff title collar patch - Admin - and a couple of badges I just acquired directly from the family here on the Isle of Man.

I always believed that the green backing was for Admin but according to Angolia’s Luftwaffe book (on page 50) these tabs belong to the “Feldpolizeikommissar” of the Luftwaffe Secret Field Police???

Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Admin collar patch or Secret Field Police   Admin collar patch or Secret Field Police  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Admin collar patch or Secret Field Police
    P
    Many

Officials of the GFP wore the same collar patches as other officials.

They were only distinguished by their shoulder boards with the "GFP" cyphers and the wine-red secondary branch color [Nebenfarbe] (although the latter was also worn by judicial officials).

This is simply a collar patch for any official [Beamter] of the elevated career group [gehobener Dienst] with a rank equivalent to captain [Hauptmann], with no particular GFP connection.

While Schlicht & Angolia (I have the German edition) do illustrate the rank insignia and -designations for the GFP, they do not claim the collar patches to be unique or specific to this group.