Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Afrika Korps Sonderverband 288 sleeve patch...I have my doubts.

Article about: Here is another questionable item...the seller has gotten some really nice items in the past, but he isn't great with cloth....I think it's bad, but I haven't seen enough good ones to know..

?

Default Afrika Korps Sonderverband 288 sleeve patch...I have my doubts.

Here is another questionable item...the seller has gotten some really nice items in the past, but he isn't great with cloth....I think it's bad, but I haven't seen enough good ones to know...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Afrika Korps Sonderverband 288 sleeve patch...I have my doubts.   Afrika Korps Sonderverband 288 sleeve patch...I have my doubts.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Afrika Korps Sonderverband 288 sleeve patch...I have my doubts.
    P
    Many

?

Looks interesting! No idea if they ever wore this though.

Never seen one before - made in the 70's I would say!!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

Fake or not, I still like the design.

?

These patches were used by the Sonderverband 288, although I don't know whether or not this one is genuine. It doesn't appear to be, but I am not even remotely qualified to say so with any degree of authority.

Afrika Korps Sonderverband 288 sleeve patch...I have my doubts.

Image source: Sixth Army Group :: View topic - Sonderverband 288 Insignia Help Needed.......

It is a fake.

Note the backing, totally wrong. Note the detail to the original on the palm tree, the suns rays, etc.

Here is an original for you to see.

Cheers, Ade.
    Attached Images Attached Images Afrika Korps Sonderverband 288 sleeve patch...I have my doubts.  Afrika Korps Sonderverband 288 sleeve patch...I have my doubts. 
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Fred Green
    ?

Hello,

As Adrian has posted "It is a fake!" They have taken a half way decent reproduction and sewn it to a piece of twill Khaki material. The actual weave of the insignia is the main "tell" as is the weaker design.
    I saw a few of these in this exact configuration at the SOS. They are sewn to a piece of cloth to look like a cut-off and so you cannot see the reverse.

Fred

As Ade and Fred posted, a fake of a very desirable piece of cloth. Originals are quite pricey. Heinz Werner Schmitd author of With Rommel in the Desert served with this unit after he left Rommel.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Afrika Korps Sonderverband 288 sleeve patch...I have my doubts.  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.