Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Afrika Korps Workshirt

Article about: Hey guys I purchased this workshirt at a militaria show awhile back and I was looking for some info. I was told that it was Italian made for the German army. The material is a thin tan cotto

?

Default Afrika Korps Workshirt

Hey guys
    I purchased this workshirt at a militaria show awhile back and I was looking for some info. I was told that it was Italian made for the German army. The material is a thin tan cotton and it is really well worn. The buttons have been replaced with a shiny black. The collar setup certainly looks German with the metal portions and stitching. There is one original button on the top left pocket that is a tan bakelite.The pebbled buttons have not been removed and replaced, they have a tan cotton thread and the left button retains a majority of the green paint.Also, had an original HJ pin stuck on, not sure why it was there. The ribbon bar was just stuck through the shirt. Here's the pics, thanks for looking and for any info. Sincerely,
    Marcus
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Afrika Korps Workshirt   Afrika Korps Workshirt  

Afrika Korps Workshirt   Afrika Korps Workshirt  

Afrika Korps Workshirt  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Afrika Korps Workshirt
    P
    Many

?

ANy ideas guys? anything would help.

none at all Marc,things like this are a nightmare to verify.

?

Thanks for some Help, to me it looks undoubtably German, but I was unsure if made by the Italians or by a private purchase company. It is really nice, and well worn. The collar stitching and configuration also looks German. Any opinions or help would be greatly appreciated. THank you again.

Rather than be exclusive, when considering N. Afrika, you have to think of alot of countries and various depots overtaken and used....Italy, France, Britain..... and then if its even WWII era....? I collected DAK for a long time and never encountered a shirt like that used by the Germans but you sure can't rule out private purchase.

Quote by Nigel Lesgate View Post
    Rather than be exclusive, when considering N. Afrika, you have to think of alot of countries and various depots overtaken and used....Italy, France, Britain..... and then if its even WWII era....?
    Too right Nigel , I have seen some very nice pictures of German troops wearing British gear in north Africa as it was more comfortable than the heavy duty stuff they had. Swap a few insignia over and bob's your uncle! That said , this piece certainly looks to have age to it , I am just not so sure that those "dainty" little hooks fill me with confidence. I would expect something much more "clunky" from a German made tunic? Leon.

?

I would say southern front being a for sure item. The pebbled buttons on the shoulderboards are without a doubt german, and they haven't been removed then re-applied. The tan thread is original to the shirt, and the tan original button is bakelite. The stitching under the collar is also indicative of the other german produced shirts of the time. I am unsure about the hooks also. This is not a tunic, but a service shirt.

?

With that being said. You guys certainly have more experience for sure, and Im not quite sure where I would be without your opinions. I paid $50 for it with all the stuff on it at a box at a antique sale.