Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Afrikakorp uniform

Article about: Hi, Afrikakorp uniform on display at The German History Museum. Regards SK

Default Afrikakorp uniform

Hi, Afrikakorp uniform on display at The German History Museum.
    Afrikakorp uniformAfrikakorp uniformAfrikakorp uniformAfrikakorp uniformAfrikakorp uniform
    Regards SK
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Afrikakorp uniform   Afrikakorp uniform  

Afrikakorp uniform  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Afrikakorp uniform
    P
    Many

An odd one and not Afrika Korps IMO.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Apparently, the uniform of a PK photographer. The odd touch of adding a green collar is very intriguing. Was there any description on a placard to go along with this display? NH
    Last edited by Neil Hever; 06-26-2014 at 09:07 PM.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Anon View Post
    An odd one and not Afrika Korps IMO.
    guess the curator didn't contact WRF for advice!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

It is a private purchase summer tunic, they often have the green collar fitted. Web belts were worn by all towards the wars end.
    Regards,

Jerry

Hi, just looked it up myself, they carried out war combat film footage, as i have learnt .... You can't trust museums.
    Regards SK

Neil, can not find it, have over 200 pics, deleted loads due to the lighting and glass.

Are you not all just assuming that it is being displayed as DAK? Without knowing what the museum have described it as, it would be wrong to assume the museum has made a blunder.

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    Are you not all just assuming that it is being displayed as DAK? Without knowing what the museum have described it as, it would be wrong to assume the museum has made a blunder.
    I am merely responding to the thread starters title and make no comment on what the museum has it listed as, as that is not shown.

And of course as we all know, museums do not make mistakes.
    Regards,

Jerry

Bildberichterstatter translates to photo-journalist. Too bad we can't see the museum's description. Perhaps this uniform has a history and is named. NH

Hi ,that is a very nice and unusual Propaganda company uniform, although as the guys say, I see no reason for it to be a DAK associated piece. Leon.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast