Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

The Afrikakorps cuff title

Article about: See Dan,it's a buzz when you pick up on things you've learned from your time in the hobby,well done mate. Shows you're making progress,keep up the good work. Stewy

?

Danke don-kihotis7 für ihre Bemühungen. Ich war mir anfangs nicht sicher.

Gruß Mick

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The Afrikakorps cuff title
    P
    Many

Cruncher75
    ?

Hi any help on this one please
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Afrikakorps cuff title   The Afrikakorps cuff title  

Quote by Cruncher75 View Post
    Hi any help on this one please
    Not original. It's the "Tartar weave" fake, shown at the 1st page of this thread.
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Quote by don_kihotis7 View Post
    Not original. It's the "Tartar weave" fake, shown at the 1st page of this thread.
    It helps if you read the thread. Especially when the answer was on page 1.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Cruncher75
    ?

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    It helps if you read the thread. Especially when the answer was on page 1.
    Did read it thanks just wanted to make sure

Ade,
    I thank you for the info. Now, the hunt is on for an original!

An important reference to an item that causes much grief to the unaware, thanks Ade

I thought I would add this one here rather than start another thread to help with the reference if that is OK.

I have no issues with this one but I am just posting it as comparison for the benefit of members looking for a good original.

This one appears to have been attached to a uniform at some point yet is in extremely good condition. If it was on a uniform I don't think it was worn very much.

As usual all comments / info are welcome and can only add value to the thread.

Regards

Mark

The Afrikakorps cuff titleThe Afrikakorps cuff titleThe Afrikakorps cuff titleThe Afrikakorps cuff titleThe Afrikakorps cuff titleThe Afrikakorps cuff titleThe Afrikakorps cuff titleThe Afrikakorps cuff title
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Hi Mark, thanks for showing another good original.

I have this one coming up next week at work.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Afrikakorps cuff title   The Afrikakorps cuff title  

The Afrikakorps cuff title   The Afrikakorps cuff title  

The Afrikakorps cuff title  
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks Ade, given that this item is one of those particularly affected by forgery I think that the more good genuine pieces we can display here the greater the reference value of this thread will be!

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Default NEED HELP: Is the following Afrikakorps cufftitle original, manufactured during WW2 ?

Dear other collectors and enthusiastics. With lots of interest I have read this thread but for me as young starting collector it's too difficult the following cuff title. I have bought it, but not received it yet. The photo is a sharp photo (detail) of a larger photo, but to avoid a too fast judging I prefer to hear about the item in a neutral/independant context.

Question:
    IS THE CUFFTITLE AFRIKAKORPS here down below Original, manufactured during WW2? Read the helpfull information by Adrian Stevenson, who started this thread but for a young collector
    it's difficult to compare and Judge. Read about several types.

additional question/note:

Original ... OR for example the Tartar Weave fake with the diamond shaped "O". It's shown at the beginning of the thread by Ade ??

Am worrying ... have compared and thinking that's is a copy / postwar .. but like to hear feedback from more experienced collectors.

Within circa two weeks I will receive the item by post ... then more detailimages possible. But for experts it will already be possible to Judge I suppose.

Best regards and thanks

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Afrikakorps cuff title  
    Last edited by startingcollector; 08-21-2017 at 01:12 AM.

Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast