Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

The Afrikakorps cuff title

Article about: See Dan,it's a buzz when you pick up on things you've learned from your time in the hobby,well done mate. Shows you're making progress,keep up the good work. Stewy

If you read the first page of this thread carefully, it should become apparent that this one is a fake.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The Afrikakorps cuff title
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Quote by startingcollector View Post
    Dear other collectors and enthusiastics. With lots of interest I have read this thread but for me as young starting collector it's too difficult the following cuff title. I have bought it, but not received it yet. The photo is a sharp photo (detail) of a larger photo, but to avoid a too fast judging I prefer to hear about the item in a neutral/independant context.

Question:
    IS THE CUFFTITLE AFRIKAKORPS here down below Original, manufactured during WW2? Read the helpfull information by Adrian Stevenson, who started this thread but for a young collector
    it's difficult to compare and Judge. Read about several types.

additional question/note:

Original ... OR for example the Tartar Weave fake with the diamond shaped "O". It's shown at the beginning of the thread by Ade ??

Am worrying ... have compared and thinking that's is a copy / postwar .. but like to hear feedback from more experienced collectors.

Within circa two weeks I will receive the item by post ... then more detailimages possible. But for experts it will already be possible to Judge I suppose.

Best regards and thanks
    Hi Chris,

You got 99% of the way there with your evaluation and study. But can understand your hesitancy in jumping over the line in calling it a fake. But in time, you should grow more confident.

And Ralph is correct. It appears to be a fake sorry to say.

I hope you can return it. And also shows that you should always post before you buy. It will save the hassle of returning an trying to get your $$$ back....
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by startingcollector View Post
    Dear other collectors and enthusiastics. With lots of interest I have read this thread but for me as young starting collector it's too difficult the following cuff title. I have bought it, but not received it yet. The photo is a sharp photo (detail) of a larger photo, but to avoid a too fast judging I prefer to hear about the item in a neutral/independant context.

Question:
    IS THE CUFFTITLE AFRIKAKORPS here down below Original, manufactured during WW2? Read the helpfull information by Adrian Stevenson, who started this thread but for a young collector
    it's difficult to compare and Judge. Read about several types.

additional question/note:

Original ... OR for example the Tartar Weave fake with the diamond shaped "O". It's shown at the beginning of the thread by Ade ??

Am worrying ... have compared and thinking that's is a copy / postwar .. but like to hear feedback from more experienced collectors.

Within circa two weeks I will receive the item by post ... then more detailimages possible. But for experts it will already be possible to Judge I suppose.

Best regards
    Hi Chris,
    Why did you mention the tartar weave fake? We don't have an image of the reverse.
    The document you have is for the "Afrika" cufftitle not the "Afrikakorps".
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Default AfrikaKorps Cuff Title Help

Hello,
    I recently cleared my great Uncles House out and found what appear to be a Cigarette tin? With a AfrikaKorps Cuff Title. Im not very experience with vintage ww2 stuff so please Help!!!!The Afrikakorps cuff titleThe Afrikakorps cuff titleThe Afrikakorps cuff titleThe Afrikakorps cuff titleThe Afrikakorps cuff title

Quote by Charliehall15 View Post
    Hello,
    I recently cleared my great Uncles House out and found what appear to be a Cigarette tin? With a AfrikaKorps Cuff Title. Im not very experience with vintage ww2 stuff so please Help!!!!
    Hello and welcome to the forum!
    It appears to be an original cuff title, please post a complete photo of the front and back.
    Ralph.
    You can start a new thread and post photos of the cigarette tin here.
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/art-d...a-third-reich/
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Default Reply

Hi,
    Thanks For the Kind Welcome,

Are Those Ok?

Thanks For The Help
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Afrikakorps cuff title  

Quote by Charliehall15 View Post
    Hi,
    Thanks For the Kind Welcome,

Are Those Ok?

Thanks For The Help
    Yes those are okay.
    If you read the first 4 posts of this thread while looking carefully at you cuff, you should be able to determine on your own whether it is original or not.
    It will become very clear once you read the posts.
    And, from this point on, you will be able to recognize an original whenever you see one.
    Ralph.

?

I looked at all of the items you outlined and it seems like mine has some 'good' qualitles and some 'not good' qualitles. What do you think?

Last edited by rbminis; 09-25-2017 at 03:17 AM. Reason: Edited to orient photo correctly.

Quote by Cwrenn View Post
    I looked at all of the items you outlined and it seems like mine has some 'good' qualitles and some 'not good' qualitles. What do you think?
    Hello and welcome to the forum!
    I have edited your post to orient the photo correctly.
    What is it that bothers you about this one?
    Please post a photo of the reverse as well.
    Ralph.

Hi there, I would also like your opinion on the cuff title in the photo...... I've read the article about false or ok but still....
    The Afrikakorps cuff titleThe Afrikakorps cuff title

Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast