Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

AK Button?

Article about: Good evening to all, I would like your opinion about this button. Someone tells me that it was a button worn by Afrika Korps' soldiers. According to you is it possible? It's strange because

Default AK Button?

Good evening to all,
    I would like your opinion about this button. Someone tells me that it was a button worn by Afrika Korps' soldiers. According to you is it possible?
    It's strange because there is no pebbling but I think the loop on backside is typical for a WII era...
    Have you ever seen a button such this one?
    Cédric

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement AK Button?
    P
    Many

Default Re: AK Button?

Loks more like a late war button with semplified loop for he thread!I sold a 45-dated greatcoat to a collector while I was still active at the Sh#thouse and it had the very same buttong originally sewn to it....they were not stamped/dated!
    HTH
    Manny

Quote by Canuck63 View Post
    Loks more like a late war button with semplified loop for he thread!I sold a 45-dated greatcoat to a collector while I was still active at the Sh#thouse and it had the very same buttong originally sewn to it....they were not stamped/dated!
    HTH
    Manny
    Thank you Manny for your answer, it's nice!
    If I 've well understood this type of button was not for the Afrika korps (Because the AK existed until 1943)?
    But if it is the case, the colour of this button is strange for a wh or else greatcoat!?!
    Regards
    Cédric.

?

Don't think it is German.
    SteveR

Quote by Christophorus View Post
    Thank you Manny for your answer, it's nice!
    If I 've well understood this type of button was not for the Afrika korps (Because the AK existed until 1943)?
    But if it is the case, the colour of this button is strange for a wh or else greatcoat!?!
    Regards
    Cédric.
    The color is definitely strange but the loop for the thread is a simplified form of the original one!The buttons on the greatcoat I sold were painted feldgrau but 100% identical!
    HTH
    Manny

Hi,
    Someone has just answered to this thread on another forum.
    He's a hundred per cent certain that's a Jungmädelbund or Bund Deutscher Mädel button...
    Thank you Stever and Canuck

I forgot to point out that mine were pebbled...sorree!
    Cheers
    Manny