Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

any ideas on this collar tab and shoulder board?

Article about: by Adrian Stevenson I think you will find the tunic is West German. Cheers, Ade.

?

Default Re: any ideas on this collar tab and shoulder board?

Hi Lenny,

As said, this is a post war tunic with additions that make it quite ridiculous. You might find some of the additions are original like the Mutterkreuz which was awarded to women for bearing children and the most unlikely decoration to find on a male uniform.

Saying that, Betty Boop looks like a much better buy........
    Attached Images Attached Images any ideas on this collar tab and shoulder board? 

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement any ideas on this collar tab and shoulder board?
    P
    Many

Quote by KMMorris View Post
    No, Only Mothers.

Morris
    I know

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Saying that, Betty Boop looks like a much better buy........
    Well spotted, officer. It seems you never forget a face... err, posterior.

Thanks for the comments. I knew that some of the things like the mothers cross didn't go with it all. The whole setup belongs to a friend of my dad who passed recently. His wife said she'd take a couple hundred for the whole thing. Theres also a helmet with it, that has that shield looking emblem thats red and black on one side. Sorry i don't know the correct term for it.
    Ill see what i can get for better pictures of all this.

?

The holster and police bayonet are worth more then a couple hundred .

Mothers cross if original could go for 100-150, the gorget could go for a couple of hundred if it is real. The Tunic is not worth much with or without the Police patch i would go maybe 30 for the tunic. Hope these evaluations help
    Morris

Default Re: any ideas on this collar tab and shoulder board? Updates

Hi Guys,
    Here's an update with some pictures of this lot.
    The cross from what I've researched looks good, I can say that it certainly looks like silver. in cases like this, do you guys polish up and clean the medals or do you leave it as is?

Unfortuanetly, the holster was empty! on the back, I doubt you can see very well in the pictures is a P08 on the right side, between the belt loops theres fug 1942 and a very small eagle tamp below that.

The belt is complete, the buckle end has the 1941 Schneider stamp, the hook end has Joseph Moll GOCH 1941. On the belt loops 2 of them have a date of 1942 and some words I can't make out, the other one has what looks like 1938

The bayonet has no other markings on it other than the one in the picture.

I will post pics of the other items tomorrow if I can. There's a helmet, 2 arm bands that don't look right, a fake feldgenaarmerie that I won't waste your time with, and the uniform, which is post war. The collar tabs, shoulder boards and arm patch all look good but I won't know for sure until I post some pics on here.

Thanks again for all your help and feedback.

Lenny

any ideas on this collar tab and shoulder board?any ideas on this collar tab and shoulder board?any ideas on this collar tab and shoulder board?any ideas on this collar tab and shoulder board?any ideas on this collar tab and shoulder board?any ideas on this collar tab and shoulder board?any ideas on this collar tab and shoulder board?any ideas on this collar tab and shoulder board?any ideas on this collar tab and shoulder board?any ideas on this collar tab and shoulder board?any ideas on this collar tab and shoulder board?

Rare find bayonet..by Klittermann and Moog...looks to be either a dress bayonet or firemans bayonet. This is a very rare find...Myself and the bayonet collectors would be grateful..if you could post these bayonet photos on the dagger forum. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

CBH
    ?

For a Frankenstein Tunic it has some good parts at least . Be sure to ask the owner if there is anything else kicking around . Good Luck .
    Cheers Chris

Prince Harry just rang, he wants his fancy dress costume back!...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast