Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Any ideas on this tunic?

Article about: I've had this lying around for a few years now, found it with my father's things. I have no idea whether it is genuine or not - to me it doesn't seem quite right. My pics are crappy but if a

Default Any ideas on this tunic?

I've had this lying around for a few years now, found it with my father's things. I have no idea whether it is genuine or not - to me it doesn't seem quite right. My pics are crappy but if anyone can identify this wehrmacht-looking thing it would be appreciated. Maybe a west German conversion? Just wondering whether I should toss it out, it's pretty beat up. I know the buttons are obviously not original, but what is this? The only markings on it are in the collar - numbers 3194.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Any ideas on this tunic?   Any ideas on this tunic?  

Any ideas on this tunic?   Any ideas on this tunic?  

Any ideas on this tunic?   Any ideas on this tunic?  

Any ideas on this tunic?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Any ideas on this tunic?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Any ideas on this tunic?

Not a Third Reich issue tunic. What exactly what it once was I don't know, but clearly someone has messed around with it as evidenced by the faked eagle "fade" marks.

Cheers, Ade.

Movie prop, IMO.

Jerry
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

The colour is very similar to a pre war Dutch uniform. These uniforms were reissued by the Germans to HIWI''s on the eastern front.

There might be labels in the pockets. How many buttons does this tunic sport and what is depicted in them?

Cheers,
    Emile

Hi Emile - it is a 6 button tunic, I haven't seen any labels in the pockets. The buttons have a sort of propeller design to them, I will post pics in a bit of them, but I am nearly certain that they were added pretty recently. Could be a movie prop. Would be interesting if it was indeed worn by a hiwi but I am not sure that is the case - the tunic itself certainly seems old and like it was fairly well tailored, but I am no seamstress! The eagle mark shows that it was never really sewn through the gray liner of the jacket, and it was poorly placed.

It seems like it is from the period even though it may never truly have had any involvement in the war. I think I might hold on to it just because it is kind of neat.