Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Army eagle

Article about: Steve, I actually had that thread book marked (amongst many others) as it was a good reference. Pammy, It should measure about 4" from tip to tip. I'm fairly certain this is a breast ea

Default Re: Army eagle

Hi
    The whole impression is nice,you've got a genuine item.I wouldn't worry also with this tinny flaw in the lines.It happened once in a while.Now about the color's impression this could be due to exposure under cnstant sunlight,I dont know in display case nevertheless its original.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Army eagle  
    Attached Images Attached Images Army eagle 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Army eagle
    P
    Many

Quote by siton1111 View Post
    Hi
    The whole impression is nice,you've got a genuine item.I wouldn't worry also with this tinny flaw in the lines.It happened once in a while.Now about the color's impression this could be due to exposure under cnstant sunlight,I dont know in display case nevertheless its original.
    Hi,

I am sorry but I disagree with you. The eagle in question is a well known fake, with the flaw in the wing, the funny colour, the incorrect weave on the reverse and the 4 inner wing feathers -all never seen on originals. I see you have a good collection, so I don't understand how you can think this eagle is an original? Did you not look at the images in #23 & #27, which show all the reasons why this eagle is a fake, these are not opinions, but facts documented with photographic evidence.

Thanks,

Jerry
    Last edited by Jerry B; 02-23-2011 at 09:37 AM.

Well in that case one of mine bought recently from a well known and reputated seller in Germany is also a fake! Not to mention the tunic along with it! So if its a fake due the four inner wings isntead of the well accepted five,then its a fake! Its really easy to me to accept that I was,or I am wrong in one matter.You should see the whole bunch of pics that he sent me on that kind of eagles,the portrait era photos bearing also that kind of eagles ,after my comlaints.I cant post anything though so far for legal reasons.But somehow I feel even if a lond gone German soldier would rise up from the dead and screamed "hey there, that's my tunic or badge or anything(for crying outloud!) most folks here would look the other way!

P.S. Thanks for your time and,yes I try to buy five feathered ones from now on...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Army eagle  
    Last edited by siton1111; 02-23-2011 at 01:15 PM.

Quote by siton1111 View Post
    Well in that case one of mine bought recently from a well known and reputated seller in Germany is also a fake! Not to mention the tunic along with it! So if its a fake due the four inner wings isntead of the well accepted five,then its a fake! Its really easy to me to accept that I was,or I am wrong in one matter.You should see the whole bunch of pics that he sent me on that kind of eagles,the portrait era photos bearing also that kind of eagles ,after my comlaints.I cant post anything though so far for legal reasons.But somehow I feel even if a lond gone German soldier would rise up from the dead and screamed "hey there, that's my tunic or badge or anything(for crying outloud!) most folks here would look the other way!

P.S. Thanks for your time and,yes I try to buy five feathered ones from now on...
    I stated in the thread you started on an m40 feldbluse, that the eagle was a fake and here is your reply;

''Default Re: M40 Feldbluse Evaluation

Hi Jerry.I hadn't noticed that the eagle had flaws, you are probably right.The tunic was bought on an auction without the breast eagle I had to sew one myself.I am think of posting a picture of a framed template I 've made with various kinds of Army (Heer) eagles.Needeless to say that your mind-and other mates of course shall be valuable and most appreciated! Thank you.''

I don't understand, as in the previous thread you posted that the eagle was added by you, but in this thread you said it came with the tunic?

Thanks,

Jerry

Because according to my lawyer the seller, who definitely has eyes and ears here,might press charges on me for spoiling him or such...(do not know the right term for this).I wouldn't pay that money for an uncomplete one...I needed to know the truth you see...That's why the whole story,the tunic and the eagle.Btw you should see or hear other sellers (with "reputation" and lesser reputation)opinions on the whole set,"you didnt hear it from me OK?" or "who was the guy,ah, him OK perhaps I was mistaken in my first exam" etc etc...
    Conclusions?

And I didn't even ask them(other sellers) for a signed cerificate or somethin' that, at least three different Firmas needed for a legal dispute in a Court of Law...
    And my lawyer's last words "are you absolutely sure that this thing is a fraud?"
    Well I'm thinking that I should change my Hobbys,maybe try collect Tenesee burbons or somethin'!

I am sorry if you have a problem with that m40 tunic, I did pass comment on it as I do not feel qualified on that item, but the eagle is for certain a fake.

Many items of TR memorabilia are open to debate and some people will like an item, whilst others wont, such as black m43 caps or police panzer wraps, but the eagle that started this thread is not one of those, as it is a well known fake.

I don't wish to add to your problems, so hopefully we can end this with no animosity and I wish you joy in whatever you do in life.

Thanks,

Jerry

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4