Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Army Hauptmann's Tunic, Knight's Cross recipient?

Article about: Buying it was the easy part...Now you have to start dressing it back up with a few little things....like a Honour Clasp and a Ritter....you know, a couple small baubles...

Thank you for that Stuka, I value my fellow forum members opinion.

Only problem I foresee in the future if I was to purchase the first tunic posted is having to purchase a 5k-10k medal. Oy vey. I can spend that much on a tunic, but it will be a much harder pill to swallow for a medal. At least, for me.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Army Hauptmann's Tunic, Knight's Cross recipient?
    P
    Many

I don't see that as a problem! On the contrary!!
    What I mean is that you should see that as a enventuality not a necessity!
    That tunic will look stuning with a RK, but can very well stand on his own without and it will not be less intresting!
    The two little hooks do not come in sight! Like I said "that little something extra" that could become a major extra!
    That eventual futur addition is the fun to me!
    I often refer to the time I played with electric toy trains, the biggest fun to me was building the railroad track, once the trains where rolling they where always folowing the same track!!!......That became boring....
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

?

A very interesting question is raised by the tunic and the hooks i have not previously been aware of an RK attached directly to the tunic in this fashion , but why not !!

Many RK winners had various methods of wqearing their award , has anyone come across this method before ?
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

That indeed still has to be confirmed.
    And finding the ribbon that fits to that configuration might be very difficult!!!
    But never the less, if the price is right I would be very tempted to get it.
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

?

That tunic is a keeper. i would gladly include this one into my collection, even i dont focus on such tunics.

Quote by Paul E View Post
    A very interesting question is raised by the tunic and the hooks i have not previously been aware of an RK attached directly to the tunic in this fashion , but why not !!

Many RK winners had various methods of wqearing their award , has anyone come across this method before ?
    Nor had I, hints my hesitance. But nonetheless, I think the probability is great it is for such style of medal, i.e the knights cross, merit knights cross....etc. At least, I am unable to come up with any other logical explanation, and I honestly believe they've most likely been there since the TR period. The clips have caused a wonderful, honest wear in my opinion.

Quote by stuka f View Post
    That indeed still has to be confirmed.
    And finding the ribbon that fits to that configuration might be very difficult!!!
    But never the less, if the price is right I would be very tempted to get it.
    |<
    I think it won't be too difficult of a challenge. Especially if you were to use a example such as this. You may have to make a minor alteration, though. Army Hauptmann's Tunic, Knight's Cross recipient?
    There goes 5.5k.

In my personal opinion, I would opt for the Service worn tunic rather than the Dress tunic that was only worn on a few occasions. And, yes-I would think it's pretty much a given that the collar hooks signify a neck worn award was worn on this one. If you are concerned for the cost of the award, and still intend to display the uniform on a mannequin, then, perhaps, a replica award could fill the void until if and when you find a genuine one for a reasonable price. Even people like Bob Coleman use methods like this for their displays.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

I have nice jewelers copy RK , if you are interested
    I like the tunic in the OP better, as well.

When in doubt, buy both! But if you can only buy one, I would buy the first one. I can tell you are very captivated by the hooks and what may have hung from the hooks. I think you will kick yourself if you do not buy it and buy the other instead. And one day, if you fall out of love with it, I think it will be an easy resell. And no where does it say you MUST buy an authentic $5-10,000 Knights Cross to hang from the hooks. A quality replica would do just fine. Good luck!

@ Dean: I'd be interested just to see photos of a jewelers copy

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast