Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Army Hauptmann's Tunic, Knight's Cross recipient?

Article about: Buying it was the easy part...Now you have to start dressing it back up with a few little things....like a Honour Clasp and a Ritter....you know, a couple small baubles...

Buying it was the easy part...Now you have to start dressing it back up with a few little things....like a Honour Clasp and a Ritter....you know, a couple small baubles...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Army Hauptmann's Tunic, Knight's Cross recipient?
    P
    Many

A very nice pickup!

Although it goes against the grain, I guess you could use some 'filler' pieces until the lottery gods smile upon you?

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Buying it was the easy part...Now you have to start dressing it back up with a few little things....like a Honour Clasp and a Ritter....you know, a couple small baubles...
    Shouldn't be much of a problem.

- - Updated - -

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    A very nice pickup!

Although it goes against the grain, I guess you could use some 'filler' pieces until the lottery gods smile upon you?
    That will be a hard pill to swallow. I may just wait until each piece can be obtained. It will take sometime, but the finial product will be that much rewarding.
    The only problem I foresee is straying away from the purchase I've been working toward for quite awhile.

A very nice pickup!

That is what I would do too!
    In a certain way it all depends on what the emphasis is.
    Finding the original medals to the uniform is impossible.By that I mean original to the owner.
    So if youn want to display the uniform as how it would have looked like; "fillers" seems like a good idea.
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Quote by stuka f View Post
    That is what I would do too!
    In a certain way it all depends on what the emphasis is.
    Finding the original medals to the uniform is impossible.By that I mean original to the owner.
    So if youn want to display the uniform as how it would have looked like; "fillers" seems like a good idea.
    |<
    Valued point sir. I just hate copies, but your argument is quite logical.
    I would also have to alter a original RK, which is something I am not willing to do.

?

Bro, I am extremely elated for you!!! William and Stony were dead on! I can't wait to see it displayed
    I bet you are stoked to have a tunic attributed to a RK winner I know I would be. I'm sure you never expected to find out who the original owner was when buying it. Also, I'm glad you took our advise in getting this tunic instead of the dress variant
    By the way,
    My offer is still good regarding the RK copy .You just need to get a neck ribbon and suspension loop for it, as the one I have has the swords and oak leaves .
    Dean.

Quote by Dean View Post
    Bro, I am extremely elated for you!!! William and Stony were dead on! I can't wait to see it displayed
    I bet you are stoked to have a tunic attributed to a RK winner I know I would be. I'm sure you never expected to find out who the original owner was when buying it. Also, I'm glad you took our advise in getting this tunic instead of the dress variant
    By the way,
    My offer is still good regarding the RK copy .You just need to get a neck ribbon and suspension loop for it, as the one I have has the swords and oak leaves .
    Dean.
    You are a good man Dean, thank you. Not unlike myself, you are always happy to see another collector obtain a item of interest for their collection. And yes, I am quite excited about the outcome, but more so shocked than anything.
    I am lucky, too, as I feel I paid a very fair price. The item was described as a possible Knights Cross recipients tunic. Not much information was supplied other than that, actually. I will never understand why the seller didn't attempt to research this item prior to selling it, possibly it is because it was in a auction, therefore he was too busy to do so.
    Regardless of the reason, we are lucky to have seasoned collectors such as Stonemint and Wagriff to assist us in our search for the truth, as much information would be lost if they decided not to do so. And doing such is a characteristic which most don't possess, but I am very grateful they do. Members such as them are quite the asset to this forum, and without their help many here would be lost, including myself.

Quote by youthcollector1 View Post
    I think it won't be too difficult of a challenge. Especially if you were to use a example such as this. You may have to make a minor alteration, though. Attachment 563427
    There goes 5.5k.
    but this is a Civilian award, not the military version with swords. It is possible the individual was a recipient of the RK des KvK or one of the numerous other neck awards, including foreign orders. IF you wanted to do a display with an authentic medal, you would only have to alter the ribbon to display properly, not the actual award itself. If you did not want to use the hooks, but still put an authentic RK on your bust just make sure when you buy a Knights Cross the ribbon itself has ties and has been shortened. For instance, this period ribbon has ties that would not require the use of your hooks, nor would your display require the alteration of a period ribbon but would still work.

William Kramer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Army Hauptmann's Tunic, Knight's Cross recipient?  

Quote by all1knew View Post
    but this is a Civilian award, not the military version with swords. It is possible the individual was a recipient of the RK des KvK or one of the numerous other neck awards, including foreign orders. IF you wanted to do a display with an authentic medal, you would only have to alter the ribbon to display properly, not the actual award itself. If you did not want to use the hooks, but still put an authentic RK on your bust just make sure when you buy a Knights Cross the ribbon itself has ties and has been shortened. For instance, this period ribbon has ties that would not require the use of your hooks, nor would your display require the alteration of a period ribbon but would still work.

William Kramer
    This award has nothing to do with the tunic and was posted prior to the discovery of the owner. I was just showing a example of a neck award and making a joke about how expensive they can be, it had no correlation with the tunic itself. I chose it only because it was first example I found online for sell. Sorry for causing the misunderstanding.

did Josef Gollas reach the rank of Captain during the war that would match the tunic? The pockets are different on the tunic you have and the photograph posted of Gollas as an Officer.

These other men of the 15th Infantry division also received the RK

(Infanterie/Grenadier-Regiment 106)
    Wilhelm Behrens
    Hubert Fleckenstein
    Max Krause
    Hanns Laengenfelder2 (Oak Leaves)
    Herbert Proll
    Walther Schindler
    Josef Schüssler
    Friedrich Stellwagen

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast