Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Army Hauptmann's Tunic, Knight's Cross recipient?

Article about: Buying it was the easy part...Now you have to start dressing it back up with a few little things....like a Honour Clasp and a Ritter....you know, a couple small baubles...

In hand the pockets do not look different, nor do they in the, granted, subpar first image. The photos supplied by stonemint show three different tunics, also. This would indicate he purchased several tunics throughout his career. The fact that the size, insignia and its placement, rank, reg., awards, and replacement of awards all match leaves me with little doubt that this tunic was owned by anyone else other than him.
    Of course, it is entirely possible that someone else's tunic would match all these characteristics, but I find that highly unlikely.

As for your list, several individuals on it are instantly ruled out for a few different reasons.
    Last edited by youthcollector1; 09-20-2013 at 01:13 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Army Hauptmann's Tunic, Knight's Cross recipient?
    P
    Many

Here are additional images that may be relevant to this thread. Also shown is Gollas while SA-Standarte "Feldherrnhalle"

relevant link:

Photos and Docs of KC-Recipient Gollas - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

and

KC holder Gollas and friends - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

and

Die Trger des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939 - 1945
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Army Hauptmann's Tunic, Knight's Cross recipient?   Army Hauptmann's Tunic, Knight's Cross recipient?  

Army Hauptmann's Tunic, Knight's Cross recipient?   Army Hauptmann's Tunic, Knight's Cross recipient?  

Attached Images Attached Images Army Hauptmann's Tunic, Knight's Cross recipient?  Army Hauptmann's Tunic, Knight's Cross recipient? 

I believe he did reach the rank of Caption. I will also attempt to verify he was awarded the Winterschlacht Im Osten.
    Again, thanks to all who've contributed to this thread.
    Last edited by youthcollector1; 09-20-2013 at 01:09 PM. Reason: Rank

Quote by youthcollector1 View Post
    In hand the pockets do not look different, nor do they in the, granted, subpar first image.
    well the scallop is entirely different as is the location of the EK_1, that's all that I was saying.

The photos supplied by stonemint show three different tunics, also. This would indicate he purchased several tunics throughout his career.
    well yes, as two of the photos are while he is NCO while you have purchased an Officer tunic.

As for your list, several individuals on it are instantly ruled out for a few different reasons.
    very well may be, but he isn't the only RKT from 106, let alone the 15th and anyone could have transferred in.

The fact that the size, insignia and its placement, rank, reg., awards, and replacement of awards all match leaves me with little doubt that this tunic was owned by anyone else other than him.
    Of course, it is entirely possible that someone else's tunic would match all these characteristics, but I find that highly unlikely.
    but they don't match exactly, and you have a common setup here for the most part; an EK and space for an additional award.

William Kramer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Army Hauptmann's Tunic, Knight's Cross recipient?   Army Hauptmann's Tunic, Knight's Cross recipient?  

I believe he did reach the rank of 1st Lt. I will also attempt to verify he was awarded the Winterschlacht Im Osten.
    Again, thanks to all you've contributed to this thread.
    did he reach the rank of Captain? (the tunic you purchased holds the rank of Captain)

William Kramer

Actually, if you look close it appears as if this ribbon Does have hooks at the ends.
    Possibly more common than I priorly thought.

Actually, if you look close it appears as if this ribbon Does have hooks at the ends. Hmmm?
    Possibly more common than I priorly thought.
    I assure you, it does not.

William Kramer

The image provided of my tunic doesn't accurately depict the fold. Also, if you look closely in the image below, you can see a loop once was at a higher position, but it is no longer there.

Really? What is at the ends then?
    Do you own this example?

The image provided of my tunic doesn't accurately depict the fold. Also, if you look closely in the image below, you can see a loop once was at a higher position, but it no longer there.
    in my opinion, two entirely different tunics. There would have been no reason for the loop to have been moved down, nor do I see any evidence it was.

William Kramer

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast