Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Army jacket and accessories...is any of it genuine?

Article about: I was in an antiks store in Germany today and found this jacket. Is any of it real? Thanks.

?

Default Army jacket and accessories...is any of it genuine?

I was in an antiks store in Germany today and found this jacket.

Is any of it real?

Thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Army jacket and accessories...is any of it genuine?   Army jacket and accessories...is any of it genuine?  

Army jacket and accessories...is any of it genuine?   Army jacket and accessories...is any of it genuine?  

Army jacket and accessories...is any of it genuine?   Army jacket and accessories...is any of it genuine?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Army jacket and accessories...is any of it genuine?
    P
    Many

No. This is a Swedish Jacket altered to look a bit like a German one. Im sure the shoulder straps and collar tabs are post war. Im not sure about the eagle, it dosnt look quiet right to me though.

Swedish.

?

Any ideas about the breast eagle?

Fred Green
    ?

Hello,

You have pictured a Swedish tunic with east German collar tabs and shoulder boards. The eagle appears to be a well worn original officers bullion eagle.

Fred

?

Thanks for the info. So someone stuck an original breast eagle on this to make it look German?

Fred Green
    ?

Hello,

Could be done by a reenactor or a dirtbag wanting to make some money.

Fred

Pablo you are not a new member so you know the rules on pic hosting! This should not be done as pics and thread will be useless when pics are gone.
    Upload to the forum please!!! If you need help to do so just PM me I would glad to help ya,, or just right click and save to pic file.
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Quote by douglas2496 View Post
    No. This is a Swedish Jacket altered to look a bit like a German one. Im sure the shoulder straps and collar tabs are post war. Im not sure about the eagle, it dosnt look quiet right to me though.
    Agree spiced up Swedeish didn't even use all period inignia it was a old trick to convert to German style and often use real buttons (German) and insignia I had one in the early 80's done this way with partial fake SS insignia looked pretty convencing but in the end just junk. timothy

Three Crowns stamp didn't give it away.........?
    Regards,

Steve.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast