Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Army Officer Field Tunic for Review

Article about: Hello. I am new to this Forum and would like your opinion please on this Tunic which I purchased 25 years ago in terms of originality and current value? Many thanks in advance.

?

Default Army Officer Field Tunic for Review

Hello. I am new to this Forum and would like your opinion please on this Tunic which I purchased 25 years ago in terms of originality and current value? Many thanks in advance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Army Officer Field Tunic for Review   Army Officer Field Tunic for Review  

Army Officer Field Tunic for Review   Army Officer Field Tunic for Review  

Last edited by ME110; 12-03-2014 at 10:18 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Army Officer Field Tunic for Review
    P
    Many

A strange one for sure...................It appears to be an O/R tunic upgraded to officer status. Original tunic, no doubt, but as for the insignia being period to the tunic? I don't think so.

De-values it tremendously IMHO

I wouldnt be comfortable saying if the insignia was period applied, but other ranks tunics upgraded to officers are certainly not uncommon (This one being for an infantry Hauptmann). The addition of the turned back french cuffs (an officers uniform characteristic) rather implies to me it is not simply a messed with tunic. I would suggest it was probably authentic. What is it that concerns you particularly John?

?

Hello John. Thank you for the reply. I think that all of the Insignia was applied originally. Is there any specific close-up photo's you require in order for you to come round to my opinion? Just ask. Your help is much appreciated.

[QUOTE=douglas2496;1333452 What is it that concerns you particularly John?[/QUOTE]

Gut feeling, and I'm usually right, unfortunately

Hands on, or at least some more photos would help, but for me I wouldn't feel comfortable. JMO and that's not much

I've handled items like this before and lean towards it being a period upgrade. My reasoning is the consistent wear on the insignia - especially the shoulder boards. You have to be very clever to fake this by selecting perfectly aged items to match the wear of the original garment. No doubt there are folks out there capable of this kind of thing. Still, it does look good overall to me. NH

?

Thank you Neil. If you require any specific close up photo's than please ask. I know for a fact that this tunic was in a Collection in the 1970's. I appreciate that even back then there were fakes but the older date the better.

I don't think anything here is fake. The issue with Feldbluse like this involves "doctoring" them up to increase value as was suggested. I'll wait to see others weigh in. Please do provide some close-ups of insignia, interior etc. NH

from me.

Army Officer Field Tunic for Review

Nice shot of the shoulder boards. Do you know the purpose of the single button sewn underneath the right side? It is in exactly the correct position for the marksmanship lanyard. NH

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast