Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Army or SS?

Article about: Hi Folks, I would appreciate any comments regarding this smock. It has been a concern to me as to the particular branch this is from. Annoyed from this ads?   The Vet did not offer any

?

Default Army or SS?

Hi Folks,

I would appreciate any comments regarding this smock. It has been a concern to me as to the particular branch this is from.
    The Vet did not offer any help with regard to this. I do not think he remembered. I will post additional item obtained from him to share and comment on. The fur on this piece is absolutely gorgeous and plush. Must be an early issue? Thank You.Frank
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Army or SS?   Army or SS?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Army or SS?
    P
    Many

It looks like it was made from Italian telo mimetico cloth and was used by the Waffen ss and Heer (army)!...

?

Thank You

Hi, A very nice smock, looks very warm. The lack of insignia is against all rules of warfare. ( which would have given you the answer to your question )
    Regards SK

great item.

Nice original jacket made from captured Italian cammo plenty of period photo's of both wearing them most sell them as SS as they seemed to use a lot of the Italian cammo especially in Normandy. Nice piece timothy

You have to be carefull with these as some made postwar for Czech Army ,

Forgot about that part Kradman yes they are I almost got burned on one until I noticed the Czech coat of arms stamped in it well worn and someone tried to remove it dealer said it was one made by the Germans and used post war that could be but I read a article where the CZ army did make them up post war be interesting to know what or if any marks are in that one I realize most may not have had anything but a size mark he says it was vet purchased which is good as opposed to buying it from some dealer course the story buy the item not the story. Nice point timothy