Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Artillery officer tunic and breeches

Article about: Hi Dan, bear in mind, the award could also be given to German Nationals serving with Eastern units. Cheers, Ade.

Default Artillery officer tunic and breeches

Hey guys,

Just got this Artillery officer's tunic today. I have been eyeing this one for the past few months now and finally got it. The person that I got it from said that he had some breeches with it but when he brought them they almost look Luftwaffe. Let me know what you guys think. (edited) sorry for the out of order pics.

Ray

Artillery officer tunic and breechesArtillery officer tunic and breechesArtillery officer tunic and breechesArtillery officer tunic and breechesArtillery officer tunic and breechesArtillery officer tunic and breechesArtillery officer tunic and breechesArtillery officer tunic and breechesArtillery officer tunic and breechesArtillery officer tunic and breechesArtillery officer tunic and breechesArtillery officer tunic and breechesArtillery officer tunic and breechesArtillery officer tunic and breechesArtillery officer tunic and breechesArtillery officer tunic and breeches

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Artillery officer tunic and breeches
    P
    Many

Default Re: Artillery officer tunic and breeches

Hi Ray, all appears to be in order.

The tunic is an enlisted mans issue which has been upgraded for field use by an Officer.

Feld Grau is rather an "elastic" shade! So I have no problem with the colour of the breeches.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Fred Green
    ?

Artillery officer tunic and breechesArtillery officer tunic and breechesGreetings,

I like the upgraded enlisted tunic but definately do not care for the eagle.This highlighted eagle has been making the rounds and were out in flocks at the SOS. I posted a thread on another forum about these. I will post a picture of them. They were Sold by Reddick.

I also have a question about the markings. If this tunic was passed through the depot in 39 why is there an rb number in the tunic?

Fred
    Last edited by Fred Green; 03-17-2013 at 03:52 AM.

So I have a theory on the RBN number and correct me if I am wrong. Possibilly the tunic was made in 39 at the depot, then when it got converted to the officers it was done professionally at this RBN station?

Is the second ribbon in the button hole the Austrian merit order?
    Morris

Morris,

I was told it was a russian volunteers medal. I confirmed this on the orders and decorations section of this forum. It is an Ostvolk 2nd class in silver. Thanks

Ray

I'm not fan with the eagle, it's poor for an officer. For the pants, they are not in wool?

I have not seen the Reddick eagles before, they have not migrated to the UK yet. They are similar I agree.

The ribbon is the Ostvolk award 2nd class.

I would say the tunic was converted by the company with the RB number.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I believe there is a feature on the tunic eagle that is NOT on the copies. around the swastika ring at the tips of the hakenkreuz are diagonal ribbing - I cannot see this feature on the other images?

Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Also, how long would it take for a member of the former "Eastern Peoples" ( for that is whom the award was to be given to ) to ascend to the rank of Oberleutnant in the German artillery?????
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast