Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Artillery Officers Greatcoat

Article about: Am looking to make an offer on this Heer Greatcoat and would like opinions please. It has some repairs and some mothing which I have no issues with but I am curious about the hooks dangling

Default Artillery Officers Greatcoat

Am looking to make an offer on this Heer Greatcoat and would like opinions please. It has some repairs and some mothing which I have no issues with but I am curious about the hooks dangling from the side pocket for dagger/sword as it is not something I have seen before. Any help is appreciated. Thank you, Nic.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Artillery Officers Greatcoat   Artillery Officers Greatcoat  

Artillery Officers Greatcoat   Artillery Officers Greatcoat  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Artillery Officers Greatcoat
    P
    Many

I don't feel qualified to quote you a figure, but thought to let you know that WH Overcoats are regularly available on German Ebay.de to be had at about $200 and upwards to $600...I just thought I'd let you know that you have options in this regard that may save you some money...
    cheers, Glenn

Hi Glenn, thank you for the advice. It is being sold at £240 which seemed like a decent price. Thank you, Nic.

Hi Nic, this looks like an older pre war pattern Officers greatcoat. Note the decorative "flaps" to the rear under the half belt. Not normally seen on the later 1930's and wartime coat.

The suspension hooks are unusual. The conventional Heer Officers dagger hangers have only one suspension point, not two. Like wise with the sword. I would like to see how these are fitted to the coat. Now the KM Officers dagger hangers would fit....

Shoulder boards are for a Reserve Col in Artillery Regt 9.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thank you Ade. I will request a photo re hooks, Nic.

I have been sent a couple of pictures of the hanger attachments...period? Thanks, nic
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Artillery Officers Greatcoat   Artillery Officers Greatcoat  

The correct slit for the dagger or sword hanger is present. But those straps are very non standard. The dagger would sit very high in wear.

I think I would pass on this if offered to me.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thank you Ade for the info and advice. I will pass. Thank you, nic.