Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

The big A metal luft breast eagle question

Article about: Hi collectors,these metal eagles have been discused for a few years naw since i can remember and to my knowledge no one will commit in saying that they are original period pieces or post war

dave
    ?

Default The big A metal luft breast eagle question

Hi collectors,these metal eagles have been discused for a few years naw since i can remember and to my knowledge no one will commit in saying that they are original period pieces or post war coppies ?? Just wondering any moor info on them or peoples comments.Anyway heres mine.regards dave
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The big A metal luft breast eagle question   The big A metal luft breast eagle question  

2. # ADS

Default Re: The big A metal luft breast eagle question

Hi Dave,

Last I heard it's just as you stated. Seems most collectors are on the fence with these. Simply from what I've been able to tell it seems most lean to these being bad. If I recall correctly it has to do with when these were seen hitting the market (and not being seen before).

I too would like to know if there has been any real conclusion on this variant. It sure looks good...

Rob.

The Guild sell these at $295 as genuine. See below.
    The reverse is well marked with the embossed, manufacturer’s initial/logo consisting of a stylized, "A", indicating manufacture by F. W. Assmann & Söhne of Lüdenscheid.
    Im not an expert so this is purely research findings.
    Dan

dave
    ?

guys is it me or is the halmark offsided and not symetrical on my badge.I have never liked that .

Compare yours to this genuine example )
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The big A metal luft breast eagle question  

dave
    ?

Quote by bikerboyzx6r View Post
    Compare yours to this genuine example )
    it looks the same to me but better pics would be good to study the front

The eagle looks fine to me.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    The eagle looks fine to me.
    Hi Bob
    to be honest the eagle looks ok, but i remember a couple of years ago, a guy from Belgium was selling the exact type of solid eagle, Assmann made. at the Beltring show in Kent. He had 2 boxes of them and said they had just been found in a cellar. I wasn't 100% with them especially as the LDO stick pins that he also had on cards were fakes. So i let them past, they were a modest amount (£30 each if i remember)

It depends if you're comfortable or not, as to if you buy. We weren't there so never say never

dave
    ?

I found just one thing on these.The pin and catch doues not work eg .... would not hold it to a tunic unless u bend it a bit but that could be down to age ???? mmm im not so sure

dave
    ?

Ok then why is the Assman logo screwiff and also its missing its halo.I have only seen this on small halmarks like buttons, not badges