Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Bullion Eagle..Good or Bad ?

Article about: Hi all & a happy new year , i have just been going through some things in my drawer & came across this bullion eagle , i know she ain't pretty but just wondered if this is any good o

Default Re: Bullion Eagle..Good or Bad ?

Quote by HD1450 View Post
    Thanks again Jerry for your time & thanks Ade for your opinion , looks like it will hit the bin then
    Hi HD1450!

Take it from an old collector (and fellow biker!); never throw questionable stuff away unless its outright known/proven copies just pile them up in a box with a big question mark on it and wait... Thirty years ago unmarked 1st pattern Deumer flight badges were presumed to be Juncker repros (by most) and second pattern JMME pilots with leg cut out were also presumed outright copies too and "134" marked DKiG were "not for my collection" now they are all rare desirable originals and there are many other similar cases. Sometime it just takes time to subtantiate/confirm (or disprove) this stuff and besides, you already paid for it so there will be time enough to flush it when a whole container of these with Pakistany markings show up

Regards

JC

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bullion Eagle..Good or Bad ?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Bullion Eagle..Good or Bad ?

Quote by MickeyM View Post
    Hi HD1450!

Take it from an old collector (and fellow biker!); never throw questionable stuff away unless its outright known/proven copies just pile them up in a box with a big question mark on it and wait... Thirty years ago unmarked 1st pattern Deumer flight badges were presumed to be Juncker repros (by most) and second pattern JMME pilots with leg cut out were also presumed outright copies too and "134" marked DKiG were "not for my collection" now they are all rare desirable originals and there are many other similar cases. Sometime it just takes time to subtantiate/confirm (or disprove) this stuff and besides, you already paid for it so there will be time enough to flush it when a whole container of these with Pakistany markings show up

Regards

JC
    I agree with this, just put it away and await proof either way. I still think it is probably an old copy, but no point in binning it. Also from a fellow biker.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2