Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Camoflage Wrap Tunic ???

Article about: I like it, and if it were cheap I would buy it in a heartbeat.

Default Re: Camoflage Wrap Tunic ???

I like it, and if it were cheap I would buy it in a heartbeat.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Camoflage Wrap Tunic ???
    P
    Many

Hi Ade, if Waffen SS wouldn't there be other stampings, there are no other markings other than what I have shown and the shoulder boards are very heavily oxidised.

Kind regards,

Grant.

And if Waffen SS in Italy would that have been Reichfuhrer SS or Leibstandarte ?

The LAH were only there for 3 months and only engaged in anti partizan ops.

16th SS would be a better bet, but impossible to say for sure. There were of course the Italian SS units.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

I used the 'borrowed' Italian camo as an example. It must be stressed, that the Italian M1929, "Telo Mimetico" is of a vastly different pattern than the one in the OP.
    Typical M1929, "Telo Mimetico":

History
    Telo Mimetico was, as the name suggests, this pattern was originally brought into service in 1929, making it one of the, if not the, old mass-produced camouflage. An embryonic version of the modern pattern was originally used on shelter halves for troops serving in Ethiopia, though the coloring was different. The scheme was later adapted for use in uniforms, and saw use in WW2 . The WW2 version used the same color scheme that relied mainly on gray, and was used both by the Italian Army and by German Waffen SS units. [1] Some material was also captured and pressed into service in Czechoslovakia right after the war, so there may have been some small Czech and Russian use as well [3]. Post-war, the current version began to see use in its current color scheme, and saw use in most areas of the Italian military with variants for paratroopers, naval special warfare, and others. Eventually it was replacement in the 1990's by a modified M81-style woodland pattern (which itself has since been replace by the digital Vegetato pattern). This makes it a pattern with a longevity rivaling the Colt M1911 pistol in the fire arms world, but obviously it does not hold the same level of relevancy amongst modern digital patterns that the Colt does amongst it's handgun brethern. The pattern was clearly the inspiration for a number of other camouflage patterns like Norwegian M75 and patterns in that vein., however.
    Rantings of a Crazy Camo Collector: Italian 1929 Pattern Telo Mimetico Written review
    Telo Mimetico Panzer Wrap from this forum:

SS Panzer wrap for viewing...
    Italians wearing Telo Mimetico

Normandy - TM to the right:
    (maybe) Telo Mimetico to the right:

Edited: Mention of different camo pattern not relevant to discussion removed .

Thank you all, this just gets more intriuging, we had a family member who served in "GrossDeutchland" and in a couple of photos he appears to be wearing Waffen SS Camoflage clothing !?!

Kind regards,

Grant.

Hi Grant, camo clothing was always in short supply. It was only the frontline companies that got anything like a full issue. The trouble is German camo clothing is now something of a legend with model makers and collectors. I think few realise that not every man got it.

Hence you can see items like this.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks again Ade,

I'm only trying to be extremely fair as I may offer this for sale.

If field-made wouldn't that then make the stampings found bogus?

Regards,

Grant.

Hi Grant, I am at loss to explain what the stamps represent.

Cheers, Ade.

Fair value range for Forum Members?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast