Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Can someone help me ID this type of tunic???

Article about: Sounds like something I'll pass on then. I really appreciate the help guys, as always! This eases my mind about a couple other Swedish tunics I passed on a few months ago and have been wonde

?

Default Can someone help me ID this type of tunic???

Hi! I'm 99.9% certain this is a fake, but what I'm curious about is that this is the third one like this that I've come across. Two of the three had the crown logo (including this one), and all three were constructed pretty much the same way; same heavy wool material, same interior color cloth, and similar sleeve patches. The other two had color tabs (foreign SS) as well as shoulder boards though.

Since I've seen three of these, then I'm sure some of you have seen them floating around as well. What's the story with them?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Can someone help me ID this type of tunic???   Can someone help me ID this type of tunic???  

Can someone help me ID this type of tunic???   Can someone help me ID this type of tunic???  

Can someone help me ID this type of tunic???   Can someone help me ID this type of tunic???  

Can someone help me ID this type of tunic???  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Can someone help me ID this type of tunic???
    P
    Many

Default Re: Can someone help me ID this type of tunic???

They are actually Swedish uniforms, you can tell by the markings in it, it looks a lot like the German one.
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

not an expert by any means, that is the first one I have seen with a french volunteer patch though. the jacket is in great shape.

Agreed: Swedish tunic with fake Heer eagle and fake French volunteer insignia.

30 years ago, long before repro tunics were available for re-enactment, we used to take these tunics and alter all the pockets and collar add original buttons and dye them Jade green. This makes them turn out an almost perfect field grey.

Cheers, Ade.

Swedish tunic pimped with fake insignia, IMO.

Thanks,

Jerry

I'd take the insiginia's off and display it. It looks good.

?

Thanks for the great feedback guys! So are Swedish tunics real collectible? What would you pay for this if you saw it on the shelf somewhere? Reason I ask is because I don't own it yet, but if they're collectible, and I can get it for a reasonable price I may go ahead and buy it anyway.

I would would pay at the most 75 dollars. I think they are pretty common. I've seen them 50 elsewhere.

$75 would be way too much. Maybe $25 to $30 maximum and only if the original insignia were still attached. NH

I agree: $25 max if unplayed with. I have seen them for £10 here.

Cheers, Ade.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast