MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Channel pants

Article about: I just received these and I have a question (dumb probably! LOL). At any rate, were these worn over the aircrews usual uniform pants or as pants by themselves? My guess would be by themselve

Default Re: Channel pants

Channel Trousers
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Channel pants  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Channel pants
    P
    Many

?

Quote by Oblt Hans Philip View Post
    HELLO JohnB593 !
    I'm a Long time Fan, First time Replier,
    They Look A W S O M E ! Who made them & do they want a New Customer ? I've looked at Sams Militaryas Version.... Noble House, Ulm Germany's attempt at them & Traders of the Lost Surplus..... Because of Price, Acuracy of the version & No return Contacts' I never followed through Still Hoping I'll Find that real pair which i've missed out on or was out-bid on.
    If you have any contact info of where & how much I would Greatly Appreciate it.
    Feel free to contact me Anytime, "xxxxxx"
    Thanx Again, John M. 'Oblt. Hans Philip'
    Oblt. Hans Philip you may want to remove your personal email address from this thread and send it to John in a PM as you are on a public forum and are taking a chance and could get spammed to death .

Regards Mark K

Channel pants

Oh Rite' I wasnt Thinking, will do, ThankYou Mark, Trying to add a pic. to my file, can't figure it out, Brand New on this Side....

?

What brand are the zips? Also, anything present on the interior knees? Pistol pocket lining? There are a ton of small details on these to scrutinize. The Czechs were producing fakes of the tropical version for a while. They had black Riri zips, IIRC.

I have a Frankenstein pair that I got burned on by a guy over at WAF. On mine, I'm pretty sure the trouser part is good but the external pockets were replaced along with every prym snap on them except the pistol pocket. They have the snowflake Prym 6 snaps -- before I learned these weren't correct.

As these are repros the zips have no brand imprint. My thoughts are that they are not 100% accurate in regards to interior "padding" etc but the exterior looks accurate all the way. And that's what I was concerned about when I ordered them. I have to say the price was very reasonable at $155.00 US FedEx delivered. (And it only takes about 6 days from shipping to them being delivered.)

Thanks for the posts and e-mail Oblt. Philip! Reply sent.

John

Quote by johnb593 View Post
    As these are repros the zips have no brand imprint. My thoughts are that they are not 100% accurate in regards to interior "padding" etc but the exterior looks accurate all the way. And that's what I was concerned about when I ordered them. I have to say the price was very reasonable at $155.00 US FedEx delivered. (And it only takes about 6 days from shipping to them being delivered.)
    I would not spend 155 $ on a pair of repro trousers.
    Cheers
    Nuno

Not enough people are reading the OP's post. He states they are reproduction pants clearly.

?

I think there was some variation with the originals but in comparison to mine, the first difference I can see is the top on the left thigh pocket is horizontal while my original pair is somewhat angled.

When comparing against period photos, make sure you compare apples-to-apples. The lined versions have their own unique traits that differ slightly from the unlined version.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast