Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Claimed "rare Heer Anti-partiasn" unit patch? Never seen before, real?

Article about: Here is a claimed Heer anti-partisan unit patch.......... any ideas?

?

Default Claimed "rare Heer Anti-partiasn" unit patch? Never seen before, real?

Here is a claimed Heer anti-partisan unit patch.......... any ideas?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Claimed "rare Heer Anti-partiasn" unit patch?  Never seen before, real?   Claimed "rare Heer Anti-partiasn" unit patch?  Never seen before, real?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Claimed "rare Heer Anti-partiasn" unit patch?  Never seen before, real?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Claimed "rare Heer Anti-partiasn" unit patch? Never seen before, real?

never seen one of these either, although Im not sure why an antelope would be chosen as the unit symbol, I think it more likely that this if period was produced by one of the allied units possibly originating in Rhodesia or South Africa.

Default Re: Claimed "rare Heer Anti-partiasn" unit patch? Never seen before, real?

I cannot positively ID it, but it is certainly nothing I've ever seen or heard of... And in any case, a Springbok would be an odd choice as the symbol for some German "anti-partisan unit". My gut feeling is that there is some South African connection.

(Edit: Robin Morley beat me to the answer.)

?

Possibly with DAK? Is it even German....or Axis related?

Construction is typical for WWII British & commonwealth insignia, probably Rhodesian or SA IMO. I'll look it up later when I get time.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

It is a DAK patch for fighting the allied African antelope partisans that kept sneaking into camp and taking a dump into the company cooks stew pot. At first they thought the cook had added an unknown special ingrediant to improve the taste of the stew then they caught an antelope rolling on the ground laughing his butt off as his buddy was crapping in the pot. They shot both antelope and started posting guards at the stew pot but they still got through occassionaly. They had the theater made patch created for the guys that shot antelope.

Quote by stever View Post
    it is a dak patch for fighting the allied african antelope partisans that kept sneaking into camp and taking a dump into the company cooks stew pot. At first they thought the cook had added an unknown special ingrediant to improve the taste of the stew then they caught an antelope rolling on the ground laughing his butt off as his buddy was crapping in the pot. They shot both antelope and started posting guards at the stew pot but they still got through occassionaly. They had the theater made patch created for the guys that shot antelope. :d
    lol

If anything, most likely to be S.African, seeing as it's a Springbok. Will check to see what I can find.

Tom

WW2 patch for the prinses irene brigade ( free dutch) for volunteers from South Africa

Have you bought it and is it for sale or trade?
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Jerry beat me to it ......again.
    Shoulder patch worn by Dutch South African volunteers with the 1st motorized rifle brigade "Prinses Irene" during WW2.

Tom

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast