MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Collar Tabs

Article about: No idea what this is. Listing reads it's an original WWII German collar tab with insignia. Anyone have any clue of this?

Default Collar Tabs

No idea what this is. Listing reads it's an original WWII German collar tab with insignia. Anyone have any clue of this?

Collar Tabs

Collar Tabs

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Collar Tabs
    P
    Many

I think this is a collar tab for the Luftwaffe Militärverwaltung, or military administration. This tab would be for the low grade career personnel as it has no piping around the edge.

Hopefully someone else might be able to tell you more, and hopefully something about its originality (though to me the back looks suspicious).

Collar TabsCollar Tabs

I did find these here Luftwaffe Wartime Official, Administrative collar tabs in rank of Regierungsassessor- Luftwaffe, which may be useful for comparison.

Hope this helps!
    Last edited by SergeantStubby; 07-16-2018 at 11:55 AM.

You might find this interesting:

'The German army had a tradition, dating from the 1700's, of maintaining a separate branch of Administrative Official’s attached to the army to oversee all administrative functions, thus freeing up active army Officer’s and allowing them to concentrate on actual military matters. The Official’s were responsible for a wide variety of administrative tasks from Court Martial, Librarian, Supply, Technical and Meteorological Services, to School, Barracks, and Hospital administration. Most officials careers consisted of four varying grades, of high, elevated, medium and low grade with slightly differing identifying insignia for each grade. The grade of the career was determined by the education and/or experience of the individual. Prior to the official formation of the Luftwaffe they also established a separate branch of Administrative Official’s who were not classed as military personnel but rather as civilian members of the Luftwaffe. The different branches of service within the Luftwaffe were allocated specific identifying waffenfarbe, (Branch of Service Color), with dark green being chosen for all Administrative Official’s with a secondary color, (Nebenfarbe), determining their actual career/function that was only displayed on the shoulder straps/boards. The Administrative Official’s collar tabs were somewhat different then the standard Luftwaffe collar tabs in that they utilized rank/position triangular pips as opposed to the rank "gulls". The Administrative Official’s collar tabs did not indicate a specific rank/position but rather rank/position groups within specific career levels. The collar tab piping distinguished the particular career level with high grade career personnel having gilt piping, elevated career personnel with silver/aluminum piping, medium grade career personnel with alternating silver/aluminum and green piping and no piping for low grade career personnel.'

(The Collector's Guild)

It's a collar patch for a Beamter auf Kriegsdauer (Beamter a.K.) [official for the duration of the war] of the mittlerer Dienst [medium-level career] or gehobener Dienst [elevated career] with a rank equivalent to the military ranks from Leutnant to Hauptmann. The lack of piping is due to it being unfinished or having had it removed.

(The collar patches for Beamte a.K. of the einfacher Dienst were not just unpiped, but completely blank. The other career groups wore oak leaf clusters/wreathes and piping as for regular officials. None of the Beamte a.K. wore the triangular rank stars worn by regular officials.)

Thanks for correcting me and explaining that!

According to Schlicht/Angolia those could be an unfinished pair for Luftwaffe Sonderführer of Stellengruppe K & Z as well as Beamte a.K.....

Cheers
    Larry
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Collar Tabs   Collar Tabs  

No. The dark green color tells us that they are for Beamte a.K. specifically.

Interesting....Thanks for that, to be honest I am way outside my arc's when it come to Luft Beamte... What color would the tabs in the piccies I posted be then? Schlicht/Angolia don't mention any tab color in the Sonderführer section...

Out of curiosity would you know where one could find a complete set of the Luftwaffen-Verordnungsblatt?

Cheers
    Larry

Quote by laurence strong View Post
    Interesting....Thanks for that, to be honest I am way outside my arc's when it come to Luft Beamte... What color would the tabs in the piccies I posted be then? Schlicht/Angolia don't mention any tab color in the Sonderführer section...
    They were in the usual branch colors, such as yellow for the flying branch, cornflower blue for medical etc.

Thank you

Cheers
    Larry