Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

CTF's Uniform Collection

Article about: Courtesy of my cross-town friend, a Panzer waffenrock for a reserve Hauptmann attached to a Panzerzug (armored train)--it is as mint as the day it was made:

Most of these tunics are named to the original wearer, with assorted documentation.
    All medals, belts, boots, aigullettes, etc are original (and in minty condition):
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture CTF's Uniform Collection  
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement CTF's Uniform Collection
    P
    Many

This Holters generals tunic, dated 1936 with loops galore, is named to Karl Count von der Goltz.
    He was a Flugeladjutant to Kaiser Wilhelm, and was present at Huis Doorn for the Kaiser's funeral in 1940.
    Note that this tunic still has the informal Kaiser adjutants aiguillette on it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture CTF's Uniform Collection   CTF's Uniform Collection  

CTF's Uniform Collection  
    Attached Images Attached Images CTF's Uniform Collection 

TWS
    ?

Absolutely world class. Prime specimen after prime specimen. CTF invited me to come out. Although he is much further from me than "cross-town", his collection definitely looks worth the cost of a plane ticket to view it in person.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Awesome

CTF's Uniform Collection

Last edited by TabsTabs1964; 07-01-2019 at 07:57 PM.

Tunic of Oberst Richter, oneo of the commanders of Pz. Regt. 5. Note RH Kav. tunic dated 1931 and worn as his service/dress until 1945. He survived the war.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture CTF's Uniform Collection   CTF's Uniform Collection  

CTF's Uniform Collection  

Panzer Lehr 'rock--Note that this Oberfeldwebel was (by stampings) an instructor at the Pz. Lehr gunnery school in Wunsdorf, where Lehr based.

CTF's Uniform Collection   CTF's Uniform Collection  

A simply stunning collection I am so glad your across town friend is generous enough to share his wonderful collection with us! Regards, Paul

"This coat, Austrian made, is for an officer 6’ tall or higher. Coat made 1938/1939. Austrian Heer coats allowed for the sword to be worn under the coat, not external like the TR overcoats. For this reason, inner liner has large rectangular cloth patch sewn inside, to prevent wear to the coat from sword hilt. Coat has the ultra-rare SHR brass cyphers (Spanish Heer Riding Institute) in finely stamped brass. This is only the second uniform with these cyphers for Col. Podhajsky I have seen in more than 30 years.

Col. Podhajsky was the subject of two movies (one Disney with Robert Taylor, and anther made for TV). Neither showed the cyphers on the shoulder boards. There are numerous books about Col. Podhajsky and the white stallions, whose combat experience seemed to be WWI solely. The few photos of him in Heer uniform show a long ribbon bar, but no badge loops as of 1939. I am in the process of getting his Heer records.

My photos poor, but you get the idea of this massive coat weighing nearly nine pounds."

CTF's Uniform Collection  
    Last edited by stonemint; 01-27-2022 at 04:51 PM.

Here is my friend's latest score:

"This is a Trifecta Waffenrock – German Cross in Gold, Knights Cross winner and General. Came with the key Bundesarchiv research. Note the four loops lower right breast. They are more than loops – they are sewn through the tunic and cross stitched inside to support a heavy breast start of some sort. Waffenrock dated 1939 so one of the latest made. I have only two dated 1939 Waffenrocks.

This officer started with Reich Heer service, so no WWI decorations. Strange loop must be for Bulgarian, Rumanian, etc. breast star."

CTF's Uniform Collection  

Stonemint Chris,

Your friend certainly has good taste.

William Kramer

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast