Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Cuff title mystery!

Article about: I am considering an infantry tunic that has an original attached krim shield on the sleeve. The description also states that this used to have a cufftitle but it has been removed. So do you

Default Re: Cuff title mystery!

Hi Rob, yes, that is right.

I forgot to add that, my train of thought was elsewhere. I was just thinking of the awards type.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Cuff title mystery!
    P
    Many

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Afrikakorps (Totally non regulation on the continental woolen uniform)
    Hello Ade,
    Sorry to say but you're wrong here, the wear of the Afrikakorps cuff title was allowed on the woolen Feldbluse. Such an example can be seen in my book, it is a period photo published in page 86. It was also allowed on the greatcoat and the Waffenrock. Official text : HV 41 B N° 496 from July 18th, 1941.
    (So you didn't buy "Feldbluse"....)
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

I had seen the odd pic, but in the past these were always described as non reg.

You live and learn

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Here is the pic of the tunic in question. I have saved the pic.

Not keen on the non reg ribbon.

Now is it just me, or does anyone else see the trace of something on the other cuff?

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cuff title mystery!  

GrossDeutschland wore their cuff-title on the right sleeve.

Ade, I can only see what appears to be where a cuff-title once was, on the right sleeve.

Regards,

Grant.

Hello,
    Yes Ade everyboby lives and learn...the problem being that many people "describe" without actually owning HVs and HMs...

As all cufftitles worn within the german Heer were not placed at the same high from the end of the sleeve, measuring from this end to the lower edge of the cuff title could be an indication of what it is. I don't remember exactly but per regulation some were place at 14 cm from the end of the sleeve, some at 14,5 cm...so why not trying this, just an idea...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Here is the pic of the tunic in question. I have saved the pic.

Not keen on the non reg ribbon.

Now is it just me, or does anyone else see the trace of something on the other cuff?

Cheers, Ade.
    It looks like a shadow of a cuff title to me.

I would say that there is a shadow for a cuff title too but I would also ask if the Krim shield is original to the tunic as it does not look particularly well applied and the backing does not match the tunic cloth, so it may have been added for effect and to boost the asking price by the seller.
    If you are really keen, why don't you ask the vendor of the tunic for their opinion, after all,they can at least look at the tunic "in hand" for you or provide you with better pics to help you make up your mind.
    It does look like a nice tunic but as Grossdeutschland was an elite unit, how likely is it that an NCO would choose to wear a WW1 ribbon other than an Ek2 and yet not wear the GD ciphers that he would be entitled to?
    If you buy the tunic and do the research you could add a suitable title in time, it's up to you............

G43
    ?

I would like to add the CT if you want to look at the tunic and its description it is on germanmilitaria.com in the first uniform gallery.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast