Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

DAK Tunic

Article about: by JPhilip Hello, I understand what you mean but the fact is that when this variant has been produced and issued, the DAK was dead since a long time ago, the german forces in Africa were cal

Default Re: DAK Tunic

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Hello,
    I understand what you mean but the fact is that when this variant has been produced and issued, the DAK was dead since a long time ago, the german forces in Africa were called Panzerarmee Afrika at this late time of the african campaign...
    Tropical is enough IMO
    Thanks
    Though I agree that this type of tunic should be called tropical and in fact any type should be called tropical unless you know they were issued to a member of the DAK, but part of the Panzerarmee Afrika was still known as the DAK even by the date that this third pattern tropical tunic was introduced.

Lars, I think it is better to describe the different tropical tunics as different patterns (1st, 2nd & 3rd) rather than by M numbers.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DAK Tunic
    P
    Many

I would agree, as usual, with Jerry.

Neil: nothing wrong with it at all, bar possibly the mis matched shoulder straps, I would be very happy to own it.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Just for info: using my new found info on RB numbers, the tunic was made in the Württemberg region. This is due to the 0774 part of the number.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Thank you yet again Gent's

Regards, Lars

Lars did you get my Heer buttons yet?

?

Hello my friend and psychic LOL I just got them today Thank you so very much Glenn

Regards, Lars

Excellent news! Glad I could help!

Hello,
    Jerry : of course you're right, i wrote something wrong on purpose as i'm fed up to read read and read again these three letters "DAK" used for all and nothing...any equipment that contains a piece of web, any tan painted M42 helmet or gasmask canister, any late war web belt, etc....is stamped DAK....rather than tropical or late war. Once a collector sent me photos of non soutached 1944 dated M40 tropical cap, asking me if it was DAK...

Personaly, i have never been rich or interested enough to collect DAK stuff, tropical is enough for me...

If i'm not mistaking, first real evidence of the use of third pattern Tropenblusen in Africa has been given by Mark Twiname thru a photo of a member from the 10. Panzerdivision who wears one just before getting under way to Africa.
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

?

I know it's sort of annoying that everything TR Tropical is automatically labelled "DAK". I think about it almost every time i post. I try to write "DAK/Tropical" most times. It's very hard to determine if an item originally was in DAK unless you have a named/researched Tunic, Helmet etc.

Regards, Lars

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Hello,
    Jerry : of course you're right, i wrote something wrong on purpose as i'm fed up to read read and read again these three letters "DAK" used for all and nothing...any equipment that contains a piece of web, any tan painted M42 helmet or gasmask canister, any late war web belt, etc....is stamped DAK....rather than tropical or late war. Once a collector sent me photos of non soutached 1944 dated M40 tropical cap, asking me if it was DAK...

Personaly, i have never been rich or interested enough to collect DAK stuff, tropical is enough for me...

If i'm not mistaking, first real evidence of the use of third pattern Tropenblusen in Africa has been given by Mark Twiname thru a photo of a member from the 10. Panzerdivision who wears one just before getting under way to Africa.
    Thanks
    I agree with you JP, but I have given up correcting people from using the term DAK when most of it will not be DAK and most of it was probably not even used in Africa. Some cool pics from Africa showing 3rd pattern tropical tunics in use. The pic with the Tiger in the background is very cool IMHO.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DAK Tunic   DAK Tunic  

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2