Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

early stone gray pants

Article about: Greetings to all. I would like to receive opinions on these trousers. I hope everything is OK with it? Regards, Jurgen

?

I think they are good.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement early stone gray pants
    P
    Many

Quote by SteveR View Post
    I think they are good.
    Thanks. I think so.

///
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture early stone gray pants   early stone gray pants  

Hello,
    First of all, thank you Jurgen for posting the requested photo.
    Considering the workmanship and the general consensus, i guess that the easiest way would be to say that these pants are 100% original, but i'm not here to find the easiest way...
    So far, no one noticed the lack of a crucial detail as far as WWII german pants are concerned...buttonholes at the fly are HORIZONTAL on your pants....this is highly unusual for issue pants.
    If you look at the photo below, you'll understand what i mean (and these pants are not even Heer, but Luftwaffe Drillich pants). And this "rule" is true for all types of pants within the Heer (straight pants, M43 pants, drillich pants etc...).

When i seriously got into collecting as a very young man, after being ripped off a few times by unprincipled dealers due to a lack of knowledge, i had the chance to meet someone who teached me a few basics in order to avoid this kind of situation. Concerning Einheitsfeldmützen, he told me "if there's no stitching underneath the bill and only one stitching at the top of both flaps, dont bother to look at the rest, it's crap...."
    The first thing he said regarding german pants was "buttonholes at the fly are always angled, never horizontal"...
    Of course, my knowledge increased a lot since then, but i always look at items starting with his advices...

I'm not saying that your pants are fakes, they may be originals, i have seen original pants with horizontal buttonholes....so far if i remember correctly i've seen perhaps two good examples with this feature, out of a lot of german pants seen (i dont know the %, but it may be between 0,5% and 1% of horizontal buttonholes).

Please look inside the pants where the pocket watch is located and have a look between both pieces wool where they're sewn together...just to see if there's a reinforcing cloth or not...
    Thanks

early stone gray pants

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Thanks a lot for your developed answer.
    Make please a photo of that place of an pocket watch about you speak.
    Thanks J.

?

original trousers
    congratulate Juergen

Hello Jurgen,
    Here's the photo. Please try to look between both layers of wool where they're sewn together if there's a reinforcing cloth or not...
    Thanks

early stone gray pants

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Hello Jurgen,
    Here's the photo. Please try to look between both layers of wool where they're sewn together if there's a reinforcing cloth or not...
    Thanks

early stone gray pants

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2