Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Edelweiss pin, authentic or not?

Article about: Recently purchased this pin at an antique shop and am wondering if it is an authentic piece from the war era. Any information appreciated. Thanks Matt

Default Edelweiss pin, authentic or not?

Recently purchased this pin at an antique shop and am wondering if it is an authentic piece from the war era. Any information appreciated.

Thanks
    Matt
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Edelweiss pin, authentic or not?   Edelweiss pin, authentic or not?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Edelweiss pin, authentic or not?
    P
    Many

?

Better pictures would be helpful to say the least... Here is an example ... By the way... Forgive my manners,,, Welcome to the Forum goldmatt, Gwar
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Edelweiss pin, authentic or not?   Edelweiss pin, authentic or not?  

Edelweiss pin, authentic or not?   Edelweiss pin, authentic or not?  

Edelweiss pin, authentic or not?  
    Last edited by Gwar; 06-14-2015 at 11:59 PM.
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Ok tried to get better photos...there doesn't appear to be any makers marks and the design was different than any of the other pins I have seen, thanks for your help!!

?

goldmatt, Have you tried any sub-forums for comp. ??

?

It looks good IMO... Just don't know what division or where it may have been utilized.. G

No..I am new to the forums and am just figuring it out, thank you for your help!

Matt

Dont just assume that it is military, the "blossom of snow" adorned many civil caps.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

That's something that I did not even consider but should..I think this warrants some more research on my part! Any possibility that it was an example worn by an Austrian unit?

CBH
    ?

It doesn't look like an issue item to me , no thread holes for attachment . Could be a civilian item .

I have a few ww2 gebirgsjäger items, reasonably sure yours is post war, due to the clips on the back and the different detail on the center..either Bundeswehr or copy
    Using the OP image and Gwars Edelweiss pin, authentic or not?Edelweiss pin, authentic or not?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast