MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Eichenlaubmuster (Oak Leaf Pattern ) field tunic your opinions ?

Article about: I have found what appears to be a field made tunic for sale and as a collector of camouflage I do find it an interesting garment. Waffen-SS Oak Leaf pattern (Eichenlaubmuster). There are two

?

Default Eichenlaubmuster (Oak Leaf Pattern ) Real VS repo post your examples

I have found what appears to be a field made tunic for sale and as a collector of camouflage I do find it an interesting garment. Waffen-SS Oak Leaf pattern (Eichenlaubmuster). There are two types of this pattern - A and B (also called "ringed" and regular). Used for garments and zeltbahns from 1941-1945. I do believe this to be pattern B . Now a few questions come to mind has it been constructed from a Zeltbahn, Is it a TR period piece or a reenacters tunic or is it a made up piece aged to look the part. There appears to be some age and patina to the cloth and the buttons but I find these a night mare any and all thoughts welcome.

Regards Mark K
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eichenlaubmuster (Oak Leaf Pattern ) field tunic your opinions ?   Eichenlaubmuster (Oak Leaf Pattern ) field tunic your opinions ?  

Eichenlaubmuster (Oak Leaf Pattern ) field tunic your opinions ?   Eichenlaubmuster (Oak Leaf Pattern ) field tunic your opinions ?  

Eichenlaubmuster (Oak Leaf Pattern ) field tunic your opinions ?   Eichenlaubmuster (Oak Leaf Pattern ) field tunic your opinions ?  

Eichenlaubmuster (Oak Leaf Pattern ) field tunic your opinions ?  
    Last edited by Mark K; 09-27-2012 at 01:04 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eichenlaubmuster (Oak Leaf Pattern ) field tunic your opinions ?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Eichenlaubmuster (Oak Leaf Pattern ) field tunic your opinions ?

Hello Mark,

My wife have been looking at this item. She is a professional tailor and designer. She says that on pic 5 the tunic looks to be made with modern equipment. A cover lock machine. She says that even they had a sewing machine, they would not be able to make it like this(in the field). She would expect zig-zag seams or something like it. NOT cover lock seams. To be sure we will need good close ups of the seams on the inside of the tunic.

Regards, Lars

?

Thanks Anna for me Lars I appreciate both of your opinions on this garment if I can purchase it cheap enough I will add it to my collection as I think it is an interesting item and is a pattern I have yet to add to my collection .If it has been modern built with an original Zeltbahn and has TR period buttons all the better I will let you know how it works out.

Regards Mark K
    Last edited by Mark K; 09-08-2012 at 10:25 PM.

?

I will guess some better pics of the fabric itself will be needed to say if it's original or not. Unless of course some of the experts on Zelt's chime in
    The tunic can of course be WW2 "field" made if they had access to professional tailor machinery.

Regards, Lars

Need to see some very hi res detail pics of the fabric as a first thing. As SS zelts are so expensive, it is unlikely to have been made post war from an original zelt, so if the fabric is period, it is probably good.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Thanks Lars Possibly field made was the wrong choice of words I probably should have said custom tailored or seamstress built .

Regards Mark K

?

I think that Jerry is right. I did not look at it from this angle. SS Zelt's are expensive.

Regards, Lars

?

Thanks for the imput Jerry I do not know quite what to think of it yet I have been doing a bit of research on zelt material and the material used for the construction of Erbsemuster ( P pattern ) clothing and there are some big differances between repo and TR period the one's that stick in my mind the most is the type of weave, the material used and the process used for printing the pattern on the textiles at the manufacturer .I have read some very detailed descriptions on repo VS original TR period Erbsemuster and it would seem that even when this material has been heavily worn that the pattern holds up rather well as the coloring process on original TR period textiles is embedded right into the material VS just being printed on the exterior of the fabric and if worn enough will start to heavily fade.

Regards Mark K

A small section of SS fabric that had been used to patch a Heer zelt I owned many years ago, though I kept the bit of SS fabric, the zelt is long gone.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eichenlaubmuster (Oak Leaf Pattern ) field tunic your opinions ?   Eichenlaubmuster (Oak Leaf Pattern ) field tunic your opinions ?  

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

I can match up the autumn side from my reference to oak B but I'm struggling to to match up the spring side, it could be that the zelt I'm looking at hasn't enough spread to see the entire pattern, as for the jacket I can't say.
    This is the A type pictured here
    Last edited by reneblacky; 09-08-2012 at 11:55 PM. Reason: added text & photo

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast