Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Eichenlaubmuster (Oak Leaf Pattern ) field tunic your opinions ?

Article about: I have found what appears to be a field made tunic for sale and as a collector of camouflage I do find it an interesting garment. Waffen-SS Oak Leaf pattern (Eichenlaubmuster). There are two

?

Default Re: Eichenlaubmuster (Oak Leaf Pattern ) field tunic your opinions ?

Thanks for your imput and the reference photo Rene this particular Zeltbahn that you own has always amazed me at how well it blends in .

Regards Mark K

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eichenlaubmuster (Oak Leaf Pattern ) field tunic your opinions ?
    P
    Many

?

I just pulled the trigger on this field tunic and won it at auction once it arrives I will take some detailed photos of the textiles ,buttons and the machine sewing, to further try and authenticate it as original materials and period sewing,
    If it turns out to be postwar constructed or a reenacters piece I will still be happy with it as I find it an interesting item and it will display just fine in my camouflage collection it was listed as a German mountain troopers wind jacket (Gebirgsjager Windjacke) in oakleaf print .
    Thank you to all that replied to this thread and offered up opinions on this piece.

Kind regards Mark K

?

Can't wait ti see the pics Congrats Mark.

Regards, Lars

?

I cant wait to get it in hand Lars regardless of the outcome it will make a good conversation piece the seller stated in his add that the tunic could only be worn with the summer pattern exposed.
    At this point it is only an assumption but I would think that is do to the double button front closure I know better than to buy a story but he stated it was purchased in a carboot sale in Germany about 15 years ago a little food for thought.

Kind regards Mark K

?

I had a good feeling about when i first looked at it, but nothing really to back it up on. Now i can only wait and see if i was right. 15-20 yrs back SS Zelt's might not have been as pricey as they are now. Being period "field" mad is far from ruled out yet

Cheers mate

I'm also looking forward to seeing your new photo's. SS zelts from my perspective here is for the last 15 years they have hovered at around the 500 dollar mark for an oak A (it's been a couple of years since I've looked at pricing though)
    Last edited by reneblacky; 09-10-2012 at 03:21 AM. Reason: added text

?

Could it be possible that it is a diamond instead of a lump of coal time will tell It was for sale as an original piece but I will reserve my judgment on that till a later date as there are to many unanswered questions at this point .

regards mark k

Quote by kozowy1967 View Post
    Could it be possible that it is a diamond instead of a lump of coal time will tell It was for sale as an original piece but I will reserve my judgment on that till a later date as there are to many unanswered questions at this point .

regards mark k
    I'm hoping it's a diamond oak B is less common than oak A

Hey Mark k
    Do you have any late Army zelts? if you do you should be able to suss out if the material right. To be honest, for me I care little for the jacket cut I'd just want it for the camo pattern.

?

My last Zeltbahn is on its way to Russia right now Rene But I still have some very detailed close ups of the fabric as to the cut of the tunic I think that is what caught my eye right away Rene as I have never seen another like it.
    But I do Love this camo pattern so I am kinda torn between the two it will be interesting to see in hand.

Regards Mark K

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast