Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Eichenlaubmuster (Oak Leaf Pattern ) field tunic your opinions ?

Article about: I have found what appears to be a field made tunic for sale and as a collector of camouflage I do find it an interesting garment. Waffen-SS Oak Leaf pattern (Eichenlaubmuster). There are two

Default Re: Eichenlaubmuster (Oak Leaf Pattern ) field tunic your opinions ?

This type of cut is quite common for field made types.
    Here's one that's similar to yours from my reference book.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eichenlaubmuster (Oak Leaf Pattern ) field tunic your opinions ?
    P
    Many

?

Thanks for the image Rene I had never seen one in Oak leaf pattern before with the lower pockets although it does resemble the one you have shown with the double button closure

Regards Mark K

A lot of work went into the production of this item and I hope that it turns out to be a good one.

As the SS dis not have their own windbluse, it could be okay.

?

I as well thank you for your thoughts on this tunic I will be posting a lot more photos of it upon its arrival for close scrutiny by the membership .

Regards Mark K

?

Lars mean the overlock stitching, it's not a zig-zag, but a special moder sewing machine
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

Hello Dimas Lars and his wife Anna had voiced some concerns about the stitching being done with a modern machine this is as well a concern for me and the stitching will have to be looked at in much greater detail upon its arrival if it turns out to be a modern manufactured item I will live with it and be happy as I knew there would be risk involved with this purchase thank you for your thoughts Dimas .

Regards Mark K

?

Hope you got a good one buddy!

All SS camo is a tricky wicket as they say.Try a website called "AT THE FRONT.COM".Navigate to SS camoufage and you will get a tremendous amount of info and photos of real and fakes.Also i suggest if you can buy a book called "CAMOUFLAGE UNIFORMS of the WAFFEN-SS"by beaver and borsarello as it is the definitive work on all the Waffen-SS patterns,including Zeltbahns,Smocks,Headgear,Armored Personnel,Winter Clothing,,etc.It is published by Schiffer.

?

Thanks Eddie a few months ago we were having pretty much this same discussion about a field made tunic that you purchased at a store in New york if I remember correctly that particular garment was very controversial and you finally came to the conclusion that it was a reenacters piece constructed from a zeltbahn.
    Thanks for the tip and the information goodbuys I already have at the front saved in my favorites list a very informative site and makes for some interesting reading on textiles, weaves,pattern identification,and the differances between real VS repo on SS pattern cloth ie... Eichenlaubmuster,Erbsenmuster and Rauchtarnmuster a friend of mine had loaned me the Beaver book camouflage uniforms of the Waffen SS for a few weeks earlier this spring an excellent read.

Regards Mark K

?

Quote by kozowy1967 View Post
    Thanks Eddie a few months ago we were having pretty much this same discussion about a field made tunic that you purchased at a store in New york if I remember correctly that particular garment was very controversial and you finally came to the conclusion that it was a reenacters piece constructed from a zeltbahn.
    Yep! I found a few reenactors pieces in there actually. I ended up selling that Zeltbahn to a reenactor friend as a birthday gift and he was really, really happy with it, alls well that ends well! Speaking of, really love that M36, thanks man!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast