Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Fact or Fantasy? Need Help with "Kreigsmarine U-boat Armband"

Article about: Hello everyone. I do not know anything about the use of armbands by U-boat crews and would appreciate any info. Attached images show purported armband that does not glow under black-light. D

Default Fact or Fantasy? Need Help with "Kreigsmarine U-boat Armband"

Hello everyone. I do not know anything about the use of armbands by U-boat crews and would appreciate any info. Attached images show purported armband that does not glow under black-light.

Did anyone ever wear such things or is this thing a pure fantasy piece?

Thank you for your input!

-John

Fact or Fantasy? Need Help with "Kreigsmarine U-boat Armband"Fact or Fantasy? Need Help with "Kreigsmarine U-boat Armband"Fact or Fantasy? Need Help with "Kreigsmarine U-boat Armband"Fact or Fantasy? Need Help with "Kreigsmarine U-boat Armband"Fact or Fantasy? Need Help with "Kreigsmarine U-boat Armband"

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fact or Fantasy? Need Help with "Kreigsmarine U-boat Armband"
    P
    Many

I have never seen Der lachende Schwertfisch on a armband before.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Me neither ! Smackings of fantasy there I fear

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

fantasy.

fantasy.unless its a post war reunion item.

I have seen many of these for sale before. A complete fantasy item. Think they are coming out of eastern Europe.

Thanks everyone for your help!

-John

Sorry, John..it's rubbish.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Welcome to the Forum. An armband should serve a purpose. As all U-boat crews were in uniform, this piece serves no purpose. As others have said, a total fantasy item that is worthless.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Agreed.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!