Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Fake or real . Luftwaffe patch

Article about: This has came up for sale near to where i live . The website says its a ww2 luftwaffe patch from the african campaign. My question is can anyone tell if its real or not

?

Default Fake or real . Luftwaffe patch

Fake or real . Luftwaffe patchFake or real . Luftwaffe patch

This has came up for sale near to where i live . The website says its a ww2 luftwaffe patch from the african campaign. My question is can anyone tell if its real or not

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fake or real . Luftwaffe patch
    P
    Many

Comparing this one to another on the forum, and it looks okay. Stitching around the border looks identical. It's the eagle itself that has me slightly concerned. On the one you've posted, the threading looks a little 'messier.' Of course, this could just be down to wear, and given the bleached colour to the backing and the soiling above the left wing, it is most certainly a field-worn, shirt-removed example.
    I'm not entirely sure how prevalent fakes/reproductions of these eagles are, but being related to the Afrika Korps I'd imagine a good amount of them exist. Do keep in mind though that I'm no expert. I've lightly studied DAK uniforms previously, but never in any great depth. I hope this comparison to a known legitimate example is helpful. I'm sure those in the know will be along very soon. The collective knowledge base on this forum never ceases to amaze me.

Regards, B.B.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fake or real . Luftwaffe patch   Fake or real . Luftwaffe patch  

Here's another from John T's archival photograhs. I m with B.B I think it's a good period patch, it s possibly been sun faded? But the materials and construction are comparable to John's and shows convincing natural wear and age imo. Best regards.

Brian

Fake or real . Luftwaffe patchFake or real . Luftwaffe patchFake or real . Luftwaffe patchFake or real . Luftwaffe patch

Looks ok for me, if in Scotland a long way from the sunshine...only joking of course.

?

Thanks for your comments. Its not often something like this comes up near where i live so its good to know this is real