Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Feldgendarmerie Tunic

Article about: Yes, for sure those who had one retained them and used them for special occasions. I have a nice shot of a Feldgendarmerie NCO wearing a modified Polizei Waffenrock. At first I assumed it wa

Default Feldgendarmerie Tunic

Hi Guys,
    want to show this rare Feldgendarmarie Tunic for a NCO.
    Tunic is in good condition and now in the classifieds .
    cheers
    Nikolaus
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Feldgendarmerie  Tunic   Feldgendarmerie  Tunic  

Feldgendarmerie  Tunic   Feldgendarmerie  Tunic  

Feldgendarmerie  Tunic  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Feldgendarmerie  Tunic
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Feldgendarmerie Tunic

Lets see the shoulder boards. It could also be for a recruiter!

?

The cuffband and sleeve eagle were worn on the Feldgendarmerie Waffenrock. Unless there is some sign of these having been there and been removed its almost certainly a recruiter tunic.

Definitely Recruiting

Hi

Nice tunic, and with apologies for piggy-backing the thread I have the cap that would match for sale.......

That would be a nice set !

cheers

Tony

A rare cap!

?

Feldgendarmerie Waffenrock
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Feldgendarmerie  Tunic  

Quote by Redcap View Post
    Feldgendarmerie Waffenrock
    An excellent image... and quite uncommon, too!

?

Yes. I have several hundred Feldgendarmerie photos but only ever found three images of the Waffenrock being worn. The huge expansion in the size of the Feldgendarmerie only really came after the Waffenrock stopped being worn.

Quote by Redcap View Post
    I have several hundred Feldgendarmerie photos but only ever found three images of the Waffenrock being worn. The huge expansion in the size of the Feldgendarmerie only really came after the Waffenrock stopped being worn.
    Absolutely. The Waffenrock was generally unpopular with the troops, as it was somewhat uncomfortable to wear and also considered old-fashioned. So, as soon as it was discontinued, most soldiers gladly stopped wearing that garment and newly-recruited personnel were not issued it to begin with.

However, as your photo nicely illustrates, sometimes men who were already in the possession of a Waffenrock still wore it well into the war years.

Forgive me for going a bit off-topic (no FG connection), but here is another example for that practice. The photo shows my grandfather, so I can safely date the picture to a timeframe between Christmas 1943 (when he was awarded the EK2) and July 1944 (when he lost a leg):

Feldgendarmerie  Tunic

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast