Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

A few Kriegsmarine Uniforms

Article about: Here are some KM uniforms for KM collectors to ponder.

Default A few Kriegsmarine Uniforms

Here are some KM uniforms for KM collectors to ponder.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A few Kriegsmarine Uniforms  
    Attached Images Attached Images A few Kriegsmarine Uniforms  A few Kriegsmarine Uniforms  A few Kriegsmarine Uniforms  A few Kriegsmarine Uniforms  A few Kriegsmarine Uniforms  A few Kriegsmarine Uniforms 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A few Kriegsmarine Uniforms
    P
    Many

1. Korvettenkapitan Rudolf Heynsen, Minesweepers, RK on 20 April 1945, Hitler's last birthday. The cap belonged to Bernhard Rogge, Oakleaves holder, Commanding Officer, Raider Atlantis.
    2. General-Admiral Alfred Saalwachter mess dress uniform. He was awarded the RK and tried by the Soviets after the war for war crimes and executed. After the fall of the USSR, he was exonerated (a little late!).
    3. Breast eagle, Korvettenkapitan Heynsen
    4. Tailor's label, Korvettenkapitan Heynsen
    5. Junior Officer Cap with white cover belonging to Richard Becker, CO U-218, German Cross in Gold
    6. Same cap
    7. Vice Admiral Kurt von dem Borne mess dress jacket. A Berlin bureaucrat working in the Navy office he was awarded the German Cross in Silver on 31 July 1944 and retired in September. He was captured during the Battle of Berlin and died in the tender care of the Soviets. Some retirement! After the war got underway, these men didn't upgrade their dress uniforms.

Here are a couple more important KM artifacts:

Knight's Cross belonging to Klaus Feldt, Oakleaves holder and S-Boat flotilla commander.

Formal award document (Mappe) for the Knight's Cross to Oakleaves holder Gotz Freiherr von Mirbach, flotilla commander of S-Boats

Both of these officers were awarded the S-Boat Badge in Diamonds (only 7 or 8 awarded).
    Attached Images Attached Images A few Kriegsmarine Uniforms  A few Kriegsmarine Uniforms 

Superb items,Willi! I love the provenances!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

wonderful items.

CBH
    ?

Thank you again for sharing these amazing items . Also beautifully presented and photographed .

Thank you, Wagriff and all. Nice looking cat. I have an Abyssinian.

Yeah, when I diversified from Waffen-SS to put together more interesting exhibit themes, I didn't realize there was such great KM artifacts out there. There's a lot of named stuff, which I like and lack in Waffen-SS.

Here are 3 more KM pieces. The U-boat jacket is on layaway (mint), as well as the tropical medical officer. I have medical officers from three of the branches --- need one from the Luftwaffe to do an exhibit.

Are you specifically a KM collector? There aren't a lot of KM collectors. Then again the KM wasn't all that large, but it was larger than the Waffen-SS. I was in contact with a KM collector in France years ago, but it was to buy a beautiful DKiG stick pin.

I cannot take credit for the photography. Signalman by Kelly Hicks and the other two by Bill Shea.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A few Kriegsmarine Uniforms   A few Kriegsmarine Uniforms  

Attached Images Attached Images A few Kriegsmarine Uniforms 

You have a wonderful and very diverse collection of amazing items, loved the tour, thanks for sharing them.

Cheers

Bob

Very nice KM tunics.

A diverse collection is what I was after in order to create more interesting exhibit themes. And a lot of times I'm exhibiting a theme which has a tunic and cap from each of the four services. Here is an example of one of my earlier exhibits. This is enlisted uniforms of the Wehrmacht. I take pictures of the exhibit after the end of the show and we pull down the display shield to get better photos of the uniforms. We also take photos of each mannequin. This was at Brentsville (Prince William County's WW2 Living History Weekend 2009).
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A few Kriegsmarine Uniforms  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast