Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Field marshal tunic

Article about: by ErichK This tunic sold at auction recently for \\$180,000. Annoying actually. I was offered the same tunic for 100k

Default Re: Field marshal tunic

Do you guys think the whole coat looks good to?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Field marshal tunic
    P
    Many

I am not that well up on coats, so I cant help with any authority, but the insignia looks ok and so does the coat, but fakes are so good that you would be better to wait for someone more informed to offer thier opinion.

You might be best to post the coat in it's own thread as that will attract more opinions.

Jerry

Quote by vonbond View Post
    I am not that well up on coats, so I cant help with any authority, but the insignia looks ok and so does the coat, but fakes are so good that you would be better to wait for someone more informed to offer thier opinion.

You might be best to post the coat in it's own thread as that will attract more opinions.

Jerry
    Thank you very much, Jerry!

I have sent the photos to a member over at WAF, and after i have received his opinion i will start a thread about it.

Thanks again!

Best Wishes,

Hi Jon-Olav, I think the coat look OK going from these photos.

Cheers, Ade.

Thank you to, Ade, i appreciate it!

It's attributed to......

A tough question no one really likes to answer: What would be a fair price for a coat like this?
    I believe Collector's Guild sold a (Mannstein?) coat for 13k some years ago?

Thanks again!

Best Wishes,

I have no idea on price and could only really guess. But certainly the high thousands of dollars.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    I have no idea on price and could only really guess. But certainly the high thousands of dollars.

Cheers, Ade.

Thanks again!

I was informed that the batons are placed upside down on the shoulderboard, although this is seen on original examples due to a small mistake from the Fieldmarshal's adjutant, not a big mistake.

The only Croatian Field Marshal of World War Two was Slavko Kvaternik. He was a World War One Veteran and won the Iron Cross First Class in WW1. His "Baton/Dress Ax" recently went up for sale for 45,000 Euro. It is one of a kind and the only Croatian Field Marshal Baton ever made. There were some Croatian Field Marshals in the Austrian Hungarian empire, but their batons were Austrian Style if they had any at all.

I have attached pictures of the Baton/Ax. I also attached pictures of Kvaternik in Army, Air Force, and Ustasa (Croatian SS) uniforms. Since there was only one Field Marshal, he was Field Marshal of all of them and would wear the appropriate uniform depending on the occasion. Most often it was the Domobran (Army) uniform. In the picture with the German officers (with his Baton) he is wearing the Zdrakoplov (Air Force) uniform.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Field marshal tunic   Field marshal tunic  

Field marshal tunic  
    Attached Images Attached Images Field marshal tunic  Field marshal tunic  Field marshal tunic  Field marshal tunic 

I would like to bump this thread for the newer members. I found this pretty interesting.

?

That baton/'tomahawk' is fantastic.
    The fake uniforms in this thread - does anybody know the name of the museum(s) in which they reside?
    I realize, that some museums has mislabelled display items or bought wrong stuff through error, but its horrible that some museums also outright deceive the public by deliberately having fake items on display.
    Thats faking history.
    Dont even get me started on those museums selling items surplus to requirements out the back door....

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast