Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Foreign Volunteers Insignia-Reference Thread

Article about: Fellow Members, I thought it would be a good thing for us all to have a reference thread in which foreign volunteers arm insignia in wear could be seen. Feel free to post more insignia, only

Default Re: Foreign Volunteers Insignia-Reference Thread

Please note the POA arm insignia and Cossack collar patches

Last edited by JPhilip; 01-20-2013 at 08:03 PM.

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Foreign Volunteers Insignia-Reference Thread
    P
    Many

Turkestan arm insignia for this german officer

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :

and last but not least, more Cossack collar patches

Last edited by JPhilip; 01-22-2013 at 05:28 PM.

In Memoriam :

That's all for today gentlemen, i'm still on the hunt for new photos....
    Thanks

In Memoriam :

?

A couple of very interesting ones

Cossack Staff, and Cossack Gendarmerie
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Foreign Volunteers Insignia-Reference Thread   Foreign Volunteers Insignia-Reference Thread  

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Fantastic photo showing the POA arm insignia worn on the black Sonderbekleidung....with Feldgrau Einheitsfeldmütze

Attachment 453668

This photo is most often credited as being from Warsaw Uprising 1944 but how can it be Warsaw 1944 if there is a soldier wearing POA insignia as I believe ROA only carried out noncombat duties at this time?

Sources for photo reference are given as:
    • Jan Grużewski; Stanisław Kopf (1957) Dni Powstania, Kronika Fotograficzna Walczącej Warszawy, Warsaw: PAX, pp. s.
    • Stanisław Kopf (1984) Dni Powstania, Kronika Fotograficzna Walczącej Warszawy, Warsaw: PAX, pp. 101
    • Norman Davies (2003) Rising '44. The Battle for Warsaw, London: Pan Macmillan ISBN 0-333-90568-7
    • Getty Images Editorial image #92425110
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

?

I dont know where and when the photo is taken, but if you see on this other photo from the same place and the same soldiers, we see that only one of them has the eagle on their uniform and none has a eagle on their cap.

It could be there are two ROA and the rest are cossacks..

The tanker has maybe a ppsh41.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Foreign Volunteers Insignia-Reference Thread  

Quote by TrondK View Post
    I dont know where and when the photo is taken, but if you see on this other photo from the same place and the same soldiers, we see that only one of them has the eagle on their uniform and none has a eagle on their cap.

It could be there are two ROA and the rest are cossacks..

The tanker has maybe a ppsh41.
    There was some recent speculation in Polish press that the guy on the left in each photo was in fact Putin's father:

art_of_arts:

And:

Putin's father was Vlasov's butcher - Kavkazcenter.com

The «Angora» weekly coming out in Poland has recently published a photo which was taken 60 years ago. The picture shows German officers and Vlasov's soldiers (under General Vlasov who went over to the Germans during the WW II), who were participating in quelling the Warsaw uprising in August 1944. Polish journalists claim that the lieutenant on the far right in Cossack uniform was no one else but the father of Russian President Putin - Vladimir Spiridonovich Putin, - Chechen Press news agency reported.

The photos of Putin, Sr. and the documents proving that he served in the punitive structures of Vlasov's formations were handed over to the Polish journalists by Victor Suvorov (Rezun), former intelligence officer of GRU (Soviet/Russian Main Intelligence Directorate), who found political asylum in the UK. Victor Suvorov is far-famed for his documentary books according to which the initiator of World War II and aggressor was Stalin's USSR. Victor Suvorov was sentenced to death by the Soviet authorities, and the sentence has not been vacated.
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Leon Degrelle.

?

Cool Re: Foreign Volunteers Insignia-Reference Thread

Quote by 4thskorpion View Post
    There was some recent speculation in Polish press that the guy on the left in each photo was in fact Putin's father:

art_of_arts:

And:

Putin's father was Vlasov's butcher - Kavkazcenter.com

The «Angora» weekly coming out in Poland has recently published a photo which was taken 60 years ago. The picture shows German officers and Vlasov's soldiers (under General Vlasov who went over to the Germans during the WW II), who were participating in quelling the Warsaw uprising in August 1944. Polish journalists claim that the lieutenant on the far right in Cossack uniform was no one else but the father of Russian President Putin - Vladimir Spiridonovich Putin, - Chechen Press news agency reported.

The photos of Putin, Sr. and the documents proving that he served in the punitive structures of Vlasov's formations were handed over to the Polish journalists by Victor Suvorov (Rezun), former intelligence officer of GRU (Soviet/Russian Main Intelligence Directorate), who found political asylum in the UK. Victor Suvorov is far-famed for his documentary books according to which the initiator of World War II and aggressor was Stalin's USSR. Victor Suvorov was sentenced to death by the Soviet authorities, and the sentence has not been vacated.
    Yes i read some fragments regarding putins father, but i have not given it extra thought because such rumors are often seeded by people who collect for other reason than us. But for all i now there could be something in it.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast