Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Freies Arabien sleeve patch -- fake??

Article about: The grey/green IS part of the patch....simply folded under at the edges... Mark

?

Default Re: Freies Arabien sleeve patch -- fake??

The grey/green IS part of the patch....simply folded under at the edges...
    Mark

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Freies Arabien sleeve patch -- fake??
    P
    Many

I have drawn Bob's attention to this thread so hopefully he will kindly share his original with us.

Cheers, Ade.

See here for some Newsreel footage:

YouTube - freies arabien.wmv

?

Well thats a strange variation on the "norm" IMO. Breast eagles for example are basically a rectangular patch but they are folded under as are almost all BeVo type insignia. Oh well it is what it is!

?

Looking at the video and stopped it on the close-up of the patch. Its all folded under -- no rectangular edge showing. All I see is a little BLACK edging. And the lettering looks identical to my patch -- a little "distorted" Hmmmm I don't know...... guess maybe I never will for sure. I'll hang on to it just the same.

It is not unknown to see some Foreign volunteer insignia sewn on in this manner, with the edges not folded under: I think they sewed the insignia on themselves at unit level and maybe they were not familiar with how the insignia would have been applied in a factory situation. Also it was easier to do that way.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Ade I did find a couple of photos of very crudely sewn examples - you are quite right. Jeeez even PHOTOS are hard to find!!

?

Thanks Ade,
    What I pulled from the video was the m40's...note the lack of ventilation grommets, and some appeared to have no false turn-ups...maybe the image quality for the later, but certainly no grommets!
    Mark

?

Quote by StG45 View Post
    Looking at the video and stopped it on the close-up of the patch. Its all folded under -- no rectangular edge showing. All I see is a little BLACK edging. And the lettering looks identical to my patch -- a little "distorted" Hmmmm I don't know...... guess maybe I never will for sure. I'll hang on to it just the same.
    That one appears to have been trimmed and sewn...note that it is de-threading.
    Mark

This is an original Freies Arabien sleeve shield. The edges are olive green color.

Bob Hritz
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Freies Arabien sleeve patch -- fake??   Freies Arabien sleeve patch -- fake??  

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast