Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

French DAK shirt

Article about: Great info Jerry and JP Regards, Lars

?

Default French DAK shirt

Hello Gents,

I would be very happy if you could help me out with some opinions on this French Tropical/DAK shirt. Thank you for your time

French DAK shirt

French DAK shirt

French DAK shirt

Regards, Lars

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement French DAK shirt
    P
    Many

Default Re: French DAK shirt

It's seems the pockets are gone?

?

It's front and back pics i would say

Regards, Lars

Hello Lars ,
    It is not a french DAK shirt, it's an original french M35 general issue shirt made by F. LENFANT in Rouen and accepted in 1940.
    First of all, that's a french army shirt...after, if you want to use it for a DAK mannequin, no problem as there are many photographic evidences that it was used in North Africa on a large scale...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

?

Thank you very much JP Good info.

Regards, Lars

Looks good to me, a period item and the Germans did use these as they captured 1000's of them, though mostly they added provision for them to take shoulder straps, but it would look good on a tropical/DAK display.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Thank you Jerry

Regards, Lars

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    Looks good to me, a period item and the Germans did use these as they captured 1000's of them, though mostly they added provision for them to take shoulder straps, but it would look good on a tropical/DAK display.
    Hello Jerry,
    Some french shirts did receive loops for shoulderstraps that's true, but some were also used without any modification.
    Some DAK troops were also issued with the french Jersey 36 pull over, easy to identify on period pics as it has a collar....germans used many pieces of french uniforms, but that's another story.

I have no shame to say that my german tropical mannequin wears a wonderful and stone mint green french M35 shirt under its german Tropenbluse...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Hello Jerry,
    Some french shirts did receive loops for shoulderstraps that's true, but some were also used without any modification.
    Some DAK troops were also issued with the french Jersey 36 pull over, easy to identify on period pics as it has a collar....germans used many pieces of french uniforms, but that's another story.
    Thanks
    Which is why I posted MOSTLY, not ALL.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

In Memoriam :

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast