Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Gebirgsjäger boots

Article about: Hi guys this is a nice pair i got last year. Although, is not a matching pair i am 99% sure that the boots were worn by the same person. They are in the same condition, have exactly the same

Default Gebirgsjäger boots

Hi guys this is a nice pair i got last year.
    Although, is not a matching pair i am 99% sure that the boots were worn by the same person.
    They are in the same condition, have exactly the same wear, they are the same size and they even have the same dirt underneath
    Cheers
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Gebirgsjäger boots   Gebirgsjäger boots  

Gebirgsjäger boots   Gebirgsjäger boots  

Gebirgsjäger boots  
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Gebirgsjäger boots
    P
    Many

Default Re: Gebirgsjäger boots

Very nice boots. I was wondering if you can answer a question. How do you tell the difference between a pair of Wehrmacht issue Gebirgsjager boots and contemporary civilian mountaineering boots.

regards

Robin

hi chris just what you need to go looking for that JU88.lol

?

Hi Don,
    Yes they are certainly Gebirgsjäger boots, and they are also certainly not a matching pair. They may be the same size, but I think your over-egging it to think they were worn by the same person, just look at your last photo and how uneven the heel heights are ? perhaps Dr Göbbels may have worn them for a trip to the Berghof, but never a front line Gebirgsjäger soldier. Can you say how many lace holes each boot has, its not possible to see from the photos.

I once had two odd low boots and tried for ages to find matching ones to complete even one pair ...... no luck at all - so I think you have done well lad.

As to "over egging", the phrase has Saxon origins that mean to over stuff / overfill a sausage skin to impress ones guests. The literal meaning "to over excite the sausage" is probably not what Alec intended .......

Cheers, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Agreed, this is not a forum for the exciting of sausages.

Quote by AlecH View Post
    Hi Don,
    Yes they are certainly Gebirgsjäger boots, and they are also certainly not a matching pair. They may be the same size, but I think your over-egging it to think they were worn by the same person, just look at your last photo and how uneven the heel heights are ? perhaps Dr Göbbels may have worn them for a trip to the Berghof, but never a front line Gebirgsjäger soldier. Can you say how many lace holes each boot has, its not possible to see from the photos.
    Hi guys and thanks for your replies.
    For me it's not so important to be a matching pair. Ok it would be better but i can live with it as long as they display nicely. I just believe that they were used by the same soldier because they have identical wear, cuts and scratches underneath and even the color of the soil which is still attached has a matching colour. I agree that on the last photo you can see the difference in height comparing the heels but that is because they were made by a different maker. I noticed that also while comparing the leather which they were made of. One has a pebbled and the other has a smooth leather.
    I will count the holes later and let you know. Cheers

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    hi chris just what you need to go looking for that JU88.lol
    I need to go visit the British War Cemetery first and find the grave of the JU88 pilot

Quote by robin morley View Post
    Very nice boots. I was wondering if you can answer a question. How do you tell the difference between a pair of Wehrmacht issue Gebirgsjager boots and contemporary civilian mountaineering boots.

regards

Robin
    Hi Robin i have seen several civilian pair of shoes but never one for a mountaineer so unfortunately i don't know how they look. But i assume comparing a pair with a Wehrmacht issue it will be easy to spot the differences.

- - Updated - -

Quote by Danmark View Post
    I once had two odd low boots and tried for ages to find matching ones to complete even one pair ...... no luck at all - so I think you have done well lad.

As to "over egging", the phrase has Saxon origins that mean to over stuff / overfill a sausage skin to impress ones guests. The literal meaning "to over excite the sausage" is probably not what Alec intended .......

Cheers, Dan
    Lol