Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Gebirgsjäger Edelweiss for photoalbum

Article about: I have a photo album for a Gebirgsjäger and it's very obvious that there has been an Edelweiss on the cover which is now long gone --- now, I was wondering if there were such albums produced

Default Gebirgsjäger Edelweiss for photoalbum

I have a photo album for a Gebirgsjäger and it's very obvious that there has been an Edelweiss on the cover which is now long gone --- now, I was wondering if there were such albums produced with the Edelweiss insignia during the period? I know all kinds of other branches had "custom" photo albums available to them but I'm just not sure re. the Gebirgsjägers.

Just trying to figure out if the missing insignia might have been the regular issue kind or not as I want to "restore" the cover to its former glory

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Gebirgsjäger Edelweiss for photoalbum
    P
    Many

?

I have not seen them with a stock / boiler plate Insignia and I have a couple just random Gebs albums. I think some guys almost like trench art might have attached their Hat Edelweiss to the album after their service but just a guess. I do know Heer, Luft and RAD had albums made up for their service years. I have not seen a stock issue Gebs but if you find there was one let me know. Here is the link to one of mine on my site. The hat edelweiss I just laid on there for photo shot.

Good luck
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Appreciate the input, Rossi! Funnily enough I was actually looking at your site earlier while doing some googling on this issue. But, yeah --- you're probably right, I can't remember having seen any made specifically for this branch either. I guess most one sees with the Edelweiss insignia are post-war/post-service added by the soldiers themselves. Need to find myself a nicely priced original then

The album isn't anything special, really... the main reason I got it was because there were a few private shots in there of the place I grew up, a small place so these German soldier snaps from there are hard to come by but really fun finding. Need to do some more research, maybe I can even figure out the unit, would be nice.

If I ever see such a stock Gebirgsjäger album I'll let you know---