Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Gebirgsjäger Ring

Article about: If these are the genuine item, with associated paperwork et al, they are extremely rare.............!

Default Re: Gebirgsjäger Ring

If these are the genuine item, with associated paperwork et al,
    they are extremely rare.............!
    Regards,

Steve.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Gebirgsjäger Ring
    P
    Many

Quote by ww2fotos View Post
    Go to wehrmacht Awards. type "Gebirgsjager ring" in the search bar and VOILA!
    Then i´ll see a few threads about this ring, but not the award - papers for this ring. This thread is gone.

ww2fotos
    ?

Quote by wolf100 View Post
    Then i´ll see a few threads about this ring, but not the award - papers for this ring. This thread is gone.
    I don't think they EVER get rid of threads - unless it is something unsavory, or illegal. Your thread is still there - you just have to find it. Knowing the wording will mean finding it. I found something, and didn't look very hard, either. Good luck.

?

Quote by ww2fotos View Post
    I don't think they EVER get rid of threads - unless it is something unsavory, or illegal. Your thread is still there - you just have to find it. Knowing the wording will mean finding it. I found something, and didn't look very hard, either. Good luck.
    Well you could have helped out and posted the link !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Morning Gentlemen,
    Thanks for the posts. I had hoped that perhaps the Gebirgsjäger collectors amongst us, would have come in on this. As luck would have it, last night was the monthly meeting of the military collectors club, which gave me the opportunity to ask a number of collectors about the ring. One, the president has such a ring and the Urkunde - the story is, awarded only 1st Gebirgsjäger Division for good performance with Urkunde, same size as EK2 Urkunde and is partly coloured. As Wolf100 says ring has number 1 on bottom petal. My ring shown last night got the thumbs down, its a copy. Unfortunately I couldn't get the president on his own last night, I shall email him later, ask if he has time to email me a picture of the Urkunde. Perhaps in the meantime someone may post one up or we find the one that's on WAF. I did follow the link in this thread to WAF, their thread covers a lot of the same ground as ours, but I couldn't find the posting with the picture, tried a number of searches without success. In the internet found another ring on offer with citation, only had a picture of the ring and that was over three years old.
    Best Wishes
    Alec

?

Good info Alec as you say hopefully will be able to post a photo of the Urkunde , i couldn't find it on WAF Either !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Exclamation Re: Gebirgsjäger Ring

Hi Everyone,
    Finally got a picture of the Gebirgsjäger Ring Urkunde. Here it is
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Gebirgsjäger Ring  

Very interesting thread and a piece of history I did not know existed. Thank all of you for contributing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2