Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Gebirgsjager edelweiss and Jager oakleaf patchs

Article about: I am not sure if this is the correct section, please comment on the edelweiss patch if its ok and give info on the second badge so I can post it in the correct place. thanks in advance z4.

Default Gebirgsjager edelweiss and Jager oakleaf patchs

I am not sure if this is the correct section, please comment on the edelweiss patch if its ok and give info on the second badge so I can post it in the correct place.

thanks in advance z4.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Gebirgsjager edelweiss and Jager oakleaf patchs   Gebirgsjager edelweiss and Jager oakleaf patchs  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Gebirgsjager edelweiss and Jager oakleaf patchs
    P
    Many

?

Hello the first Edelweiss patch in Bevo is a poor fake from the 60s the other I am not sure if real either reminds me of some of the US made collector copies

The GJ patch is bad for sure, the Jager pathc could be good. There are a lot of variations with these embroidered ones but I don't collect Jager patches. I like the fact that it has the white bobbin thread on the backside and if I had to make a decision I would say its probably good. That said these are very common and you can get an un chomped one for around 3-40 bucks. Matt

I thought the second badge might be ok because it looks moth eaten.

z4

Fred Green
    ?

Gebirgsjager edelweiss and Jager oakleaf patchsGebirgsjager edelweiss and Jager oakleaf patchsGebirgsjager edelweiss and Jager oakleaf patchsGebirgsjager edelweiss and Jager oakleaf patchsGebirgsjager edelweiss and Jager oakleaf patchsGebirgsjager edelweiss and Jager oakleaf patchsHello,

I believe that the GBJ patch is an absolutely 100% original BeVo weave produced patch and the Jaeger patch is a newer reproduction. The Jaeger patch was made in the pattern with the smaller leaves up top but to me the twisted rope border and the base material are incorrect.

Here are examples of of the patches that you have shown. An original BeVo GBJ and a repro Jaeger.

Fred