Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

General Goering Wach Batallion tunic and cap

Article about: Thanks, Steve! I'm very fond of them.

?

Default Re: General Goering Wach Batallion tunic and cap

Thanks, Steve! I'm very fond of them.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement General Goering Wach Batallion tunic and cap
    P
    Many

?

Hola Juan
    I have seen green bordered tabs for the GG Infantry and according to Bender and Petersen the division had the normal variety of colored piping for their collar tabs. ALL shoulderboards were piped in white as well as the enlisted visor caps.

?

Quote by SteveR View Post
    Hola Juan
    I have seen green bordered tabs for the GG Infantry and according to Bender and Petersen the division had the normal variety of colored piping for their collar tabs. ALL shoulderboards were piped in white as well as the enlisted visor caps.
    Well,

That is only part of the story. The unit underwent several major insignia changes over the course of it's history.

Initially, the white piping was used on the shoulder boards and as the base color of the collar tabs. The enlisted collar tabs were also white and had an outer piping of either in Green(Headquarters, Guard Troops) or Red(Flak). Medical, General Staff, and Administrative personnel were supposed to wear their original insignia(solid colored collar tabs and shoulder boards) without the cuff titles, but there are plent of photos to show that this rule was not always adhered to(I have in my collection a set of HG tabs to an armored personnel member with a blue outer piping).

In 1937, a paratrooper arm was established. As a result, a white EM tab with an outer yellow piping was established. I am thinking that it was short lived, as I do not see many of these around at all.

In Jan1943, more changes brought:

White piped shoulder boards and white collar tabs. EM collar tabs had an outer piping to reflect specialty(officers kept white collar tabs and shoulder boards):

pink- Panzer/Panzerjager/Division Staff
    red- Arty/Flak
    Golden Brown- Signals
    light blue- Supply/Field Police
    white- Guard units
    black- Pioneer/Construction
    Green-Jager

In Mar1943, the rules again changed. This time, only unpiped white collar tabs were authorized. The waffenfarbe was to be displayed on the shoulder boards of all personnel. The colors were unchanged for specialty.

In June of 1943, the waffenfarbe of the HG Field Police was changed to orange.

In 1944, collar tabs were ordered removed from all field/combat uniforms.

Here is my only HG uniform. I find it quite special.

I have also uploaded a tray of tabs that contains my HG collar tabs.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture General Goering Wach Batallion tunic and cap   General Goering Wach Batallion tunic and cap  

Great thread, guys--the HG is my only Wehrmacht "weakness"...

?

Great uniforms, very interesting thread and thanks for posting. Can someone let me know what the double white cuffbands, on both sleaves, on the tunic with the flack badge signify? You also see these occaisionally on SS uniforms.

Thanks

?

It is to signify the NCO is holding the position of "Spiess", which is the Command Sargeant Major. I have seen a Feldwebel hold this position. Normally the rank for this position is that of a Hauptfeldwebel(three pips on the NCO board). I have seen these rings on Luftwaffe, SS, and Heer tunics.

I always loved the Pz wrappers. I believe that's the first HG on I've seen. It's a nice piece!

Quote by wessel View Post
    Very nice!!
    I have three HG Div. tunics....these are the Officers 4-pocket, and the FB.
    Wessel, beautiful Officer's tunic. May I ask, what badge do you have displayed on this tunic?

William Kramer

Great pieces here. Thanks for sharing

?

Thumbs up

Hi Steve,
    I love stuff from that unit. Outstanding! The other items posted are great too!

Jody

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast