MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

generals collar tabs

Article about: by Dean .-edit- I posted this thinking it was the same but I guess not. My bad. The OP is for field marshal. Silberkruez, nice contrast example you posted. You can def see the diff in crafts

Default generals collar tabs

generals collar tabsgenerals collar tabs

hi guys right or wrong....kev

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement generals collar tabs
    P
    Many

Default Re: generals collar tabs

Hi Kevin, these lack the quality I would expect to see on an original.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

I've been wondering what the gold insignia represents. Can someone please enlighten me?

The area marked, is it not supposed to be parallel with the edge of tab?

Tom
    Attached Images Attached Images generals collar tabs 

Its reproduction Generalfeldmarschall Collartabs. Stay away!

Quote by DioMac View Post
    I've been wondering what the gold insignia represents. Can someone please enlighten me?
    Not sure what they represent, but they are known as Arabesken (arabesques).

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Not sure what they represent, but they are known as Arabesken (arabesques).
    Hi Kevin, the collar tabs look like the reproductions made by Janke.

See pic of an original GFM TAB.generals collar tabs

The top picture are originals , and the lower FAKE. Just look at the craftsmanship on the originals, they are outstanding.

Hope this helps even tho its a late post.

Ps. General officer tabs originally came from button holes, they are oak leaves and acorns. I'm affaid I do not know what the front part represents ie were the arrow is, I have tried to find out myself.

?

.-edit-
    I posted this thinking it was the same but I guess not. My bad. The OP is for field marshal.
    Silberkruez, nice contrast example you posted. You can def see the diff in craftsmanship.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture generals collar tabs  

Quote by DioMac View Post
    As Gunny Hartmann said, the embroidery is an Arabeskenstickerei [arabesque embroidery]; Arabesken being decorative patterns of tendrils, foliage and plant vines. Hence, the three pairs of leaves, the vines between them and the leaf on one end, while the "tail" on the other end is simply a decorative element.

Arabeske is, however, just a very general description that can refer to countless different types of design.

This particular style is known as Larisch-Stickerei [Larisch embroidery].

Its origins lie with Infantry Regiment No. 26 of the Prussian army, whose last commander (from 1798 to 1806) was Johann Karl Leopold von Larisch. Personnel of this regiment wore elaborate, decorative embroidery of this design around the buttonholes on their uniform tunics. This is the origin of the center line between the pairs of leaves: It used to be a buttonhole. While today the embroidery is named after von Larisch, it had been around a long time before him, having been introduced around 1730 and had actually disappeared from the regiment's uniforms by his time as its commander.

In 1900, Emperor Wilhelm II. - always heavily into preserving and reviving Prussian military traditions - instituted this type of embroidery as the special insigne for the collar- and sleeve patches of Prussian Generals and Field Marshals and ever since then, it has been around up to this very day:

Collar patches with this design were worn by Generals in the Imperial era and throughout WW I, during the Weimar republic, during the Third Reich up until the end of WW2 and then re-emerged with both the West German Bundeswehr and the East German NVA.

See here for a page from a Prussian 18th-century sample book of regimental braids/badges featuring those of IR 26 (click the image to enlarge):

Die Sammlungen des DHM – Militaria / Tressenmusterbuch, Inf.-Reg. No. 26

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    As Gunny Hartmann said, the embroidery is an Arabeskenstickerei [arabesque embroidery]; Arabesken being decorative patterns of tendrils, foliage and plant vines. Hence, the three pairs of leaves, the vines between them and the leaf on one end, while the "tail" on the other end is simply a decorative element.

Arabeske is, however, just a very general description that can refer to countless different types of design.

This particular style is known as Larisch-Stickerei [Larisch embroidery].

Its origins lie with Infantry Regiment No. 26 of the Prussian army, whose last commander (from 1798 to 1806) was Johann Karl Leopold von Larisch. Personnel of this regiment wore elaborate, decorative embroidery of this design around the buttonholes on their uniform tunics. This is the origin of the center line between the pairs of leaves: It used to be a buttonhole. While today the embroidery is named after von Larisch, it had been around a long time before him, having been introduced around 1730 and had actually disappeared from the regiment's uniforms by his time as its commander.

In 1900, Emperor Wilhelm II. - always heavily into preserving and reviving Prussian military traditions - instituted this type of embroidery as the special insigne for the collar- and sleeve patches of Prussian Generals and Field Marshals and ever since then, it has been around up to this very day:

Collar patches with this design were worn by Generals in the Imperial era and throughout WW I, during the Weimar republic, during the Third Reich up until the end of WW2 and then re-emerged with both the West German Bundeswehr and the East German NVA.

See here for a page from a Prussian 18th-century sample book of regimental braids/badges featuring those of IR 26 (click the image to enlarge):

Die Sammlungen des DHM – Militaria / Tressenmusterbuch, Inf.-Reg. No. 26
    Hi, thank you that's most interesting. I was on " able to know" forum a little while ago and came across a gentleman called Walter Hinteler who worked in a museum in Germany and had access to all files. He was disgusting the collar patches ( Larisch) with a another gentlemen called Lonus, if I remember was an X Serbian serviceman. This man is extremely knowledgeable on this subject. Join "able to know " forum and speak with them if want to know more. The link has aged a bit. Attached a pic.generals collar tabs

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast