Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

generals collar tabs

Article about: by Dean .-edit- I posted this thinking it was the same but I guess not. My bad. The OP is for field marshal. Silberkruez, nice contrast example you posted. You can def see the diff in crafts

Default Re: generals collar tabs

Quote by Dean View Post
    .-edit-
    I posted this thinking it was the same but I guess not. My bad. The OP is for field marshal.
    Silberkruez, nice contrast example you posted. You can def see the diff in craftsmanship.
    Hi, this looks quite nice indeed, strange variant the way the end comes away from the 3 Balls, but the embroidery looks very neat and very tight. The " button hole slit" is extremely good.generals collar tabsgenerals collar tabsgenerals collar tabsgenerals collar tabsgenerals collar tabsgenerals collar tabsgenerals collar tabsgenerals collar tabsgenerals collar tabs A few more pics for you generals collar tabsgenerals collar tabs

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement generals collar tabs
    P
    Many

It's getting colorful now... So let me add to that.

A while back I got busy using the free-use collar patch illustration from Wikimedia commons [ File:Kragenspiegel general.png - Wikimedia Commons ] as a basis for work with some extremely fancy high-tech graphics software (MS Paint ) and just for fun made myself a chart to illustrate the various color combinations in which collar patches with the Larisch design could be found during the Third Reich era.

Here is the result:

generals collar tabs

(This is obviously no professional job and was done by simple means, so it is admittedly a bit schematic and the colors are slightly off.)

Top row:
    Generals (line officers)*
    Admirals (field grey uniform)

Second row:
    Generals (specialized career: medical)**
    Generals (specialized career: veterinary)**
    Generals (specialized career: motor transport park)**

Third row:
    Generals (specialized career: ordnance)**
    Generals (specialized career: TSD/administrative service)**
    Generals (specialized career: TSD/armed forces judges)**

Fourth row:
    General-ranked officials (army administration)
    General-ranked officials (war-/military administration)
    General-ranked offiicials (army postal service)

Fifth row:
    Generals of the Order Police
    General-ranked police administration officials
    Offiicials of the State Railway Protection Service, Vice President or higher***

*) Originally worn by all generals; as per an order of 25 April 1944 only for line officer generals, although in practice still worn by others (see next footnote).

**) Instituted with an order of 25 April 1944: Generals of the specialized careers were now to wear collar patches in their branch color. These were not widely worn, as the (more popular) bright red collar patches could be worn out until the end of the war.

***) Used from 1939 to 1941.

Hi.......Great thread...learned something today....My tabs and boards are on the Marshals Baton web site..........Dave H
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture generals collar tabs   generals collar tabs  

generals collar tabs  

Quote by SADolch View Post
    Hi.......Great thread...learned something today....My tabs and boards are on the Marshals Baton web site..........Dave H
    Hi Dave, did you not know that Mike had your tabs on his site? They are a stunning. The General who owned this insignia being a Colonel General well may have been made up to a Marshall as these tabs are pre 41. As Mike says they are properly for a shirt, or maybe for a white summer tunic, as these are known as T Bar, and are quite rare. Very nice set. Wish I had them.

Quote by Silberkreuz View Post
    Hi Dave, did you not know that Mike had your tabs on his site? They are a stunning. The General who owned this insignia being a Colonel General well may have been made up to a Marshall as these tabs are pre 41. As Mike says they are properly for a shirt, or maybe for a white summer tunic, as these are known as T Bar, and are quite rare. Very nice set. Wish I had them.
    Glad you like them,yes i sent the photo's to the Marshals baton a few years ago. I picked them up with a 2nd model luft dagger with hangers...a few tinnies....some badges and a few other items that i can't remember about 16 years ago for $150.00....................don't find as much now.................Dave H

Quote by SADolch View Post
    Glad you like them,yes i sent the photo's to the Marshals baton a few years ago. I picked them up with a 2nd model luft dagger with hangers...a few tinnies....some badges and a few other items that i can't remember about 16 years ago for $150.00....................don't find as much now.................Dave H
    Hi Dave, you did we'll then. There's two things a like in life, 1st anything to with generals and marshalls millitaria. 2nd you properly know him, he's a Jersey boy and I've seen him 4 times in the last 7 weeks, any guesses ???

SPRINGSTEEN.

He lives in Rumson n.j. about 40 min from me and a horse farm in Colts Neck n.j. about 20 min away........never met him........Dave H

Default Reichswehr Larisch

I am new to this forum and thought I would contribute this posting of my Reichswehr Larisch. generals collar tabs

A very nice pair of two tone collar tabs, would have been better to photo them on a light back ground. You don't see these very often especially on this forum site.
    Not to sure to Reichswehr tho. I would expect Dave's pair above would be more the case.
    Thanks for showing

Here is a mint pair of GFM's I was fortunate to purchase.

generals collar tabs
    Last edited by Silberkreuz; 01-05-2017 at 06:21 PM.

I will re-photograph them later, and other things for better posting. There is a picture of these type feldgrau Larisch in the Verlag Militaria book on RW. They were also used in the Imperial army as well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2