Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

German Gebirgsjager Summer Tunic

Article about: Just picked this up its a Gebirgsjager summer tunic I was told it was field made the stamp on it appears to have a 1941 date on it its quite a salty and worn jacket all insignias appear to b

Default German Gebirgsjager Summer Tunic

Just picked this up its a Gebirgsjager summer tunic I was told it was field made the stamp on it appears to have a
    1941 date on it its quite a salty and worn jacket all insignias appear to be original it was issued with no other signs of newer insignias being sewn on, just looking for some second opinions on its authenticity
    Thank You for looking!!

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German Gebirgsjager Summer Tunic  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Gebirgsjager Summer Tunic
    P
    Many

?

Well it looks like there are pieces of green/grey cloth on the back of the eagle.

That's from the eagle fraying on the ends

Hmmmm, judging by the sloppy sewing I'm inclined to think this is some kind of ginned up Jacke. I don't recognize the stamp at all and it is certainly not German. I await input from others. NH

imo a dummied up jacket,bad.

I agree with Harry. Insignia may be repro too. Hard to tell from the photos. NH

I removed both the eagle and the edelweiss and both are original

?

I got to ask why would you remove them if you thought it was an original tunic

Regards Mark

I didn't completely remove them I removed enough to get behind to see if they were original or not

?

Hi Russel there is a ghost of an imprint just below the rank chevron were it would appear to have been moved and or replaced at some time in its life and IMO it is completely unnecessary to remove or partially remove insignia for verification of authenticity in this day and age as good detailed pictures should be sufficient when compared to known originals.

Regards Mark